1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Handmade Leather Artisan

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Obbi, Oct 25, 2009.

1. nmfa

nmfa Member

2 people like this.
  2. nmfa

nmfa Member

I can add that this is the second leather piece I ever made...

3. Deusis

Deusis Senior member

I decided to document my process from beginning to end for a custom Shell Cordovan wallet. Below is the finished product and here is a link to the entire process. Just a warning, it is a 104 image album.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  4. Deusis

Deusis Senior member

Busy weekend!

New Mid Wallet style I just completed. Shinki Hikaku Shell Cordovan Exterior, Horween Burgundy CXL Horsehide Interior.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Italian Whiskey Shell Cordovan Card Holder
    [​IMG]

Horween Natural Shell Cordovan Exterior, Light Tan Baby Calf Interior.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Deusis

Deusis Senior member

Few other items I worked on for my first brick & mortar shop.

From the back...

- Shinki Hikaku Black Shell Cordovan exterior, Black Baby Calf interior, black thread, black painted edges
    - Horween #8 Shell Cordovan exterior, Ilcea Cognac Kangaroo interior, natural thread, brown painted edges
    - Italian Whiskey Shell Cordovan exterior, Light Brown Baby Calf interior, natural thread, brown painted edges

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not for the shop and not Shell Cordovan so technically it is cheating but I figured you'd all appreciate.

Black Nile Crocodile lined with Blue Baby Calf with Black Thread and black painted edges.
    [​IMG]

Custom order for someone who wanted side facing slots. Shinki Hikaku Brown Shell Cordovan exterior, lined with Ilcea Cognac Kangaroo with Medium Brown Baby Calf interior, natural thread and brown painted edges. Really pleased with how this turned out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. HussarLeathercr

HussarLeathercr New Member

Hi guys. After failed search of perfect briefcase i decided i will make one myself. I would love to here from you what do you
    think.Jack.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Chad VL

Chad VL New Member

Here are some Port Wallets built in Horween Shell Cordovan, most of them are Reversed Color #8, with a single Color #8 in back. See more here.

[​IMG]

Here is a recently built Enfold Wallet built with Horween Shell Cordovan Color #8

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Who can find me/make me na affordable sketchbook holder

9. Friday

Friday Well-Known Member

Got my hands on some very soft oiled indigo nubuck. Paired it with natural veg tan on select pieces.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  10. skenney

skenney Senior member

Anybody know of somebody who makes few fobs? I'm interested in a design that's more towards a key fob, instead of a lanyard or keyhook.

11. Deusis

Deusis Senior member

I have shell key fobs like this:

[​IMG]

Otherwise I know @WHEarl has some similar key fobs too.

Hollows Leather sells some on his website for $13 - $25 in standard or shell as well.

Is this what you were thinking?

12. skenney

skenney Senior member

13. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Does anyone have a recommendation for a supplier of metal findings and the like? I'm trying to find a bag strap slider (or triglide, or whatever you want to call them) with a circular or ovoid shape and a center bar measuring a little over 1" in length (1.25" might be ideal). Basically this:

[​IMG]

But in a silver / nickel / pewter / whatever you want to call not-brass color with more of an antiqued / weathered / matte finish, so it would go along with the hardware on this:

[​IMG]

FWIW, I don't particularly care about wire vs. cast, although I might prefer closed to open if wire.

Last edited: May 18, 2016
  14. Friday

Friday Well-Known Member

Had a request for a bandana woggle so I knocked these out. The one here is russet, but I did versions in blue, black, red and natural. It's definitely a particular look, but they were fun to make since I used to make these out of different materials as a scout many years ago.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.