• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Handmade Leather Artisan

Friday

Reaction score
I've been asked to make a long wallet that was slimmer/thinner than the traditional biker style, something that fits nicely in the back pocket without the bulk. It holds several cards, has 2 back slots and a gusseted bill slot so it can be stuffed if someone wants to.

More info

Obbi

Reaction score
Horween Chromexcel leathers, handmade mid wallet

More pictures on my blog http://obbigoodfrance.blogspot.fr

Brave%20Jane%2001.jpg

Brave%20Jane%2010.jpg

sneakyfast

Reaction score
Wow with all of the good stuff here I'm kind of embarrassed to post my new bag but here goes anyway. It was supposed to be a leather expandable dry back. So it folds up or down depending on how much stuff you have and is waterproof (I hope). I was trying to build it to last several generations so used veg tan hide with no stitches, zippers or snaps. There were two brands (poor cow) on the hide and I was able to put them both out where they are visible. I also used some vintage brass saddle stays on the shoulder straps. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gorgeous. well done; I love its simplicity.

sneakyfast

Reaction score

Sneakyfast - that looks amazing! So no stitches on the canvas either?

There is no canvas. It is all leather and has more rivets than the Hunley. The green is leather and you can see the brand in the leather if you look close.

What do you guys think of those vintage brass shoulder strap connectors (not sure if there is a real name for them)? I'm kind of torn on those.

Last edited:

sneakyfast

Reaction score

I see, very nice. I like the vintage brass connectors - they add a unique element. How's the weight?

Its definitely heavier than say a nylon bag. But because the shoulder strap is so wide it's actually very comfortable. i don't think it can be more than a couple of pounds heavier than most bags this size.

Friday

Reaction score
Finished up a wallet for a friend today. He wanted a version of the classic slim billfold in all veg-tan. I added a secret pocket to this design, little details like this are always fun to work into the design. info

Friday

Reaction score
Knocked out a watch strap for myself. 22mm burgundy Chromexcel with a brushed black Panerai style pre-v buckle.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads