Hancock and Moore

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by hopkins_student, Nov 14, 2009.

1. hopkins_student

hopkins_student Senior member

Does anyone here own a sofa or chair made by this manufacturer? What are your thoughts?

Thanks, H_S.

2. mxgreen

mxgreen Senior member

I don't but I am seriously looking at a few of their models. I learned about the company at the furniture forum at www.gardenweb.com. The guy who runs the site - www.myfurnitureforum.com - has pretty good prices on them.

3. jenlain

jenlain Senior member

I own the September Sofa and Plantation Tufted Bench. Both in H&M "document" leather. The sofa is very comfortable and both items appear to live up to H&M's reputation for quality. I have the standard cushions and think they are just the right firmness. I would not hesitate to purchase H&M again.

I bought from Duane at the Keeping Room in Alexandria, Va. Very knowledgeable and competitive on price.

4. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

I don't but I am seriously looking at a few of their models. I learned about the company at the furniture forum at www.gardenweb.com. The guy who runs the site - www.myfurnitureforum.com - has pretty good prices on them.

+1. I found these websites too when I was looking for a leather sofa. You can spend way too much time just looking at leather swatches. But you should sit in a few to see if you like them. I passed on them b/c they didn't sit as well for my taste.

You should also realize when you order a sofa, the different leathers/material can alter the comfort. I realized this when I sat in the same sofa but with different material and they all sat differently. Some I thought were great while others I wouldn't accept.

5. hopkins_student

hopkins_student Senior member

I own the September Sofa and Plantation Tufted Bench. Both in H&M "document" leather. The sofa is very comfortable and both items appear to live up to H&M's reputation for quality. I have the standard cushions and think they are just the right firmness. I would not hesitate to purchase H&M again.

I bought from Duane at the Keeping Room in Alexandria, Va. Very knowledgeable and competitive on price.

I'm glad to read that you are happy with the document leather. I'm looking at the document tobacco which is like the John Lobb Parisian Brown Museum but with the grain.

6. horton

horton Senior member

I have one and they are very well made and comfortable. If you like the style I would recommend them