Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Hamilton Khaki Field Watch: Appropriate for Business Casual?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Jay687, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Jay687

Jay687 Senior member

Or is this military-styled watch (whether bracelet or leather band) too casual-looking? When I say business casual, it's on the conservative side. This includes anything other than a suit... so chinos and dress shirt or sports coat and tie, and so on.

One example:

[​IMG]

I believe it's not sold in US though. I could get that same watch in black or a slightly different style in white:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What do you guys think in terms of when this watch is appropriate?

2. jsqfunk

jsqfunk Senior member

unless you work at timex I can't imagine when either version would not be fine

3. Frodo

Frodo Senior member

I think the Hamilton Khaki is sort of like the Land Rover of watches - it's classless and timeless, appropriate for almost any setting. Change the band out occasionally to dress it up or down and I can see it working anywhere. But I'm not as much of a watch person as some.

4. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

unless you work at timex I can't imagine when either version would not be fine

This^^^

5. youngScholar

youngScholar Senior member

The Hamilton pictured in the top photo looks great. I don't see why it wouldn't work.

6. audiophilia

audiophilia Senior member

GFI, especially the white face.

They look great. And any watch fan you run into will know the care you took in choosing a quality timepiece.

7. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

The Hamilton pictured in the top photo looks great. I don't see why it wouldn't work.
    I agree with this, it looks fine for business casual or social events.

8. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

I think the Hamilton Khaki is sort of like the Land Rover of watches - it's classless and timeless, appropriate for almost any setting. Change the band out occasionally to dress it up or down and I can see it working anywhere. But I'm not as much of a watch person as some.

Did you mean classless or classic? [​IMG] And isn't timeless a bad thing when it comes to watches? [​IMG] Back to the OP's question: with the right leather or lizard band, I would have no problem wearing that with a suit, let alone business casual.

9. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

Yeah, certainly fine.

If you want to be completely appropriate it would be too sporty for business professional, but thats not a rule many fallow these days.

10. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Senior member

A watch with a black face and brown band should not be welcome in any office.

11. Frodo

Frodo Senior member

Did you mean classless or classic? [​IMG] And isn't timeless a bad thing when it comes to watches? [​IMG] Back to the OP's question: with the right leather or lizard band, I would have no problem wearing that with a suit, let alone business casual.

Classless as in: it's as suitable for the Queen to drive a Land Rover as it is for the stable boy.

12. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

I think it looks great, you could probably get away with wearing it with a suit; most people wear big chunky chronographs with suits anyway.

13. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

Classless as in: it's as suitable for the Queen to drive a Land Rover as it is for the stable boy.

2 people divided by a common language. In the US, classless has the connotation of something vulgar and lacking taste.Classy is a positive, classless a negative.

14. Jay687

Jay687 Senior member

Thanks everyone. It seems it would be appropriate for what I want it for. I understand it probably isn't good for a suit, so I won't wear it at those times. Even if some people do decide to go too sporty with their watch choice when wearing a suit, I'd rather not.

15. WRAdvisor

WRAdvisor Senior member

Great looking watch!