• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Halo Reach

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not getting this until I've called in my 1000th helicopter in COD 5. Only 175 more to go.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mauro is going to be pissed at you guys.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm praying to the high heavens i'll be home tonight. my copy is on a UPS truck being delivered today.

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I played COD a couple times this weekend and it was just so awful. When we don't have a group on it isn't even worth playing. I've also been getting bored with these maps.

Mauro will buy Halo.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really wanted my 1200th kill and 250 multi kills with the thumper before i retired it, but falling 50 or so short on both. Reviews so far have been stellar of Halo.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
I really wanted my 1200th kill and 250 multi kills with the thumper before i retired it, but falling 50 or so short on both. Reviews so far have been stellar of Halo.

Yeah, I'm about at 850 with my AT4. I've got to get the emblem of calling in 1000 Helis though. I don't think I've seen anyone else with it. And we all know that having a unique emblem in COD 5 is better than losing your virginity.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just can't justify playing a console FPS when the computer is so, so much superior at handling the genre. It's a pity because I truly appreciate the Halo universe, but the PC versions of the games are generally pretty lackluster and come out three years too late. How do you guys deal with using a controller?

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FPS may be better graphically on a PC, but the whole experience, especially with Halo, is unmatched on xbox live.

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Neither accurately emulates aiming with a gun, so I don't see why it matters that you can aim more quickly with keyboard/mouse. I've only played FPS on computers a few times, but i'd still say that overall I prefer the feel of a controller (especially for things like driving).

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
**** Halo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How many max players in the multiplayer mode?

bob_gnarly

Reaction score
WHOOOO! hope mine gets delivered today. I ordered from amazon so i hope they dont let me down.

Edit: Just checked and the bastards let me down. Hasn't shipped yet even though I had release date delivery

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gravitas
Neither accurately emulates aiming with a gun, so I don't see why it matters that you can aim more quickly with keyboard/mouse. I've only played FPS on computers a few times, but i'd still say that overall I prefer the feel of a controller (especially for things like driving).

Generally console targeting is so slow and inaccurate that most games give HUGE hit boxes and a little targeting assistance to boot. Pretty weak if you ask me. Goldeneye was the last console shooter I REALLY played; it's hard to go back.

I will say that console gaming has done well because rather than requiring a mid to high end gaming PC to play well, you just have a $200-400 console that just works (except RRoD); this broadly increases the gaming population and acceptance. Large gaming communities are always a plus.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bob_gnarly
WHOOOO! hope mine gets delivered today. I ordered from amazon so i hope they dont let me down.

Edit: Just checked and the bastards let me down. Hasn't shipped yet even though I had release date delivery

Damn. Ordered mine yesterday afternoon. Shipped 40 minutes later.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads