Halo: Reach

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Augusto86, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Augusto86

Augusto86 Sean Penn's Mexican love child

FUCK. YES.

[​IMG]
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

agreed. i can't wait.

3. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

never been a fan of halo, but I want to check this out. Graphics look really good.

4. Threak

Threak Senior member

I read "Hello: Rach," and wondered what this was doing out of DT.

5. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

Halo 2 was the best for only one reason: Proximity voice. It was so much fun when you were playing multiplayer and the people on the other team could hear you if you were close enough tot hem. We used to talk so much shit and have the time of our lives.

6. Jokerman

Jokerman Senior member

Yawn...Halo is getting really old.

7. BDC2823

BDC2823 Senior member

Halo 2 was the best for only one reason: Proximity voice. It was so much fun when you were playing multiplayer and the people on the other team could hear you if you were close enough tot hem. We used to talk so much shit and have the time of our lives.

YES!!!! This was awesome. I loved hearing two people on the other team talking strategy to each other and then throwing a mine/grenade around the corner and going around the side killing them both as they backed up into it yelling to each other about how I could have known where they were.

8. laughwithm3

laughwithm3 Senior member

looks like the same damn game as halo 2

9. Chiaroscuro

Chiaroscuro Senior member

I am almost tempted to start playing videogames again. Halo always brings back memories (nostalgic sigh)

10. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Looks great. Don't have an Xbox so don't care.

11. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

... that looks good?

12. Augusto86

Augusto86 Sean Penn's Mexican love child

... that looks good?
    If you never enjoyed Halo you're not GOING to enjoy Halo, IMO. If you have fond memories of late-night gaming sessions in school, drinking whisky and driving around like a maniac, doing crazy-ass bombing runs and pulling off 1-in-a-million headshots or 'nades, then you are going to get really hyped about this. Halo has, to me, the perfect blend of accessibility and skill for a shooter, and it really comes alive when playing with 4-8 friends, often split screen, usually after a party or a long night. Some people like MW2 but I don't like the way that game handles, and TF2 is no good on the 360. Halo is the perfect social shooter for me; it doesn't have any spectacular innovation or groundbreaking graphics - it is just pure fun, and more fun the more people are playing. It brings me back to the days of playing Goldeneye and Mario Kart. Plus, Halo 3 had some really awesome things you could do; incredibly accessible map-making, so you wound up with great stuff like Grifball and Run for Cover; an amazing game recorder, so you can save and replay all of your awesome or hilarious kills; and the best, most hassle-free matchmaking system in online gaming. I know a lot of people hate Halo for its fratboy fanbase, middle-of-the-road gameplay strategy and bland main character, but as far as I'm concerned, it's the perfect multiplayer game.

13. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Another generic FPS with watered down gameplay to cater to consoles and drunk college gamers? Nah I'll pass.

14. axe

axe Senior member

I know a lot of people hate Halo for its fratboy fanbase, middle-of-the-road gameplay strategy and bland main character, but as far as I'm concerned, it's the perfect multiplayer game.
    Uh... Starcraft?

I do enjoy Halo though, I'll pick this one up. Haven't played ODST yet though.

15. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    Sorry, MW2 only!