• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Half of my domenico vacca purchase

wcp45

Reaction score
Very nice.

I am visiting New York next week and plan to stop by Domenico Vacca to check it out. Other than the stefano b shoes and the sweater vest that you purchased, what items in the store impressed you? Did you see anything that made you think, "If money were not an issue, I'd buy that in a second." How extensive is their shoe selection? I guess I'm trying to build up the anticipation of the shopping experience.

discostu004

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
honestly the whole freakin' store...  they had maybe 8 styles of shoes on sale and did custom he said for around 1,500 for non-exotic leathers.  they had 9fold ties that were amazing, a ton of color in their sweaters.  blues/greens/orange.  most men i find either don't like color or don't have the confidence to wear an orange vest, but i just LOVE it.  i could have easily spent 50K in a second.  even my wife bought an attolini safari jacket and matching pants and a shirt and a pair of shoes.  amazing amazing store. If Salvatore is working there tell him "the guy who bought that orange vest from texas sent me". he probably won't remember my name, but he should remember the orange vest and texas comment

VWpete

Reaction score
What blows my mind are the beautiful spread collar shirts. The colors and patterns are amazing. I gawk at the windows but haven't walked in... I will this week now.
Pete

discostu004

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
when people say they haven't gone in but go by a lot why do you not go in? i got there 15 min before opening and just walked in w/ the guy who works in the back and they were really cool, pulling items out and showing the craftsmanship etc, then i bought a pair of shoes and it was all over...

banksmiranda

Reaction score
Which Vacca location did you visit - the one on Fifth Avenue or the one in SoHo? I went into the Fifth Avenue store where there was a guy (I'm guessing Domenico himself) going crazy walking aroung yelling this and that into the phone. I walked by, but not into, the SoHo store.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
What are the addresses of the respective stores (research
smile.gif
)?

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are the addresses of the respective stores (research
smile.gif
)?
The uptown location is on 5th Ave and 60th. The downtown is on Broome St and 6th?

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like the vest. Who does their knitwear? I've been trying to get my hands on one of those awesome Cucinelli suede/cashmere vests (similar style) for a while, but you keep selling them for too much money Lance
wink.gif
I'm not payin $500 for a stinkin vest... How much were the Stefanobi's down to?

VWpete

Reaction score
I'm young and usually get my share of snobbiness in stores like that, especially uptown. It also looks way out of my budget, but I think I could handle the sales. In SoHo, I just like to relax and lose the Madison Ave. vibe...
I'm going to pop into SoHo store soon though.
BTW-Bergdorff went to second markdown. Bought a tie and two shirts today for under $100 a piece (Etro- originally $290 for $99) and a Garrick Anderson (British) for Bergdorff at $89). Slim pickins, but exceptional deals on piana and barbera cashmere sweaters as well.

STYLESTUDENT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On my only visit to the Vacca store at the corner of Broome and West Broadway, I was trying on a brown suede belt reduced to $280 when my wife walked in. 'Nuff said. The staff was very pleasant but I was only half-serious at that price. Unless you are as fortunate as Lance, I'd go alone if I wanted to make a purchase. Try the great brunch at the Cupping Room right across Broome Street from Vacca. That's the real hint I wanted to give.

VWpete

Reaction score
On my only visit to the Vacca store at the corner of Broome and West Broadway, I was trying on a brown suede belt reduced to $280 when my wife walked in. 'Nuff said. The staff was very pleasant but I was only half-serious at that price. Unless you are as fortunate as Lance, I'd go alone if I wanted to make a purchase. Try the great brunch at the Cupping Room right across Broome Street from Vacca. That's the real hint I wanted to give.
Cupping Room is great brunch. Spent a hungover New Years Day there this year with great friends. Definately second that recommendation. Ken's Broome St. Bar has good burgers too...

discostu004

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
I like the vest. Who does their knitwear? I've been trying to get my hands on one of those awesome Cucinelli suede/cashmere vests (similar style) for a while, but you keep selling them for too much money Lance
wink.gif
I'm not payin $500 for a stinkin vest... How much were the Stefanobi's down to?
andrew you must have me confused w/ someone else. I don't think i've had a cucinelli vest like that. i can't remmber who does their knits, but they had a write-up in RR in 2002 and they gave me a copy of the article and it says there, i'll have to look back. Andrea someone (not fenzi). the Bis were 1150 minus 30%, whatever that is.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics