• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hairy chest. Should I shave?

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
nope, don't shave, you'll never be able to stop. Either find a girl/guy who digs it, or get a beard trimmer, set to 2-3 and TRIM... it'll greatly reduce the amount of hair visually without actually doing anything permanent.

andpgud

Reaction score
What do you mean permanent?
So you mean I should just shorten them?

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shave? no

But do wear more gold necklaces, wear your board shorts lower, and cock your head to the side more when you smirk for pictures.

andpgud

Reaction score
Could you maybe tell me what kind of body I have. It would then be easier for me to pick clothes.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shave it or laser it. I opted for laser for myself. Expensive in the short term but well worth it to me.

hoozah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i shaved mine. it's as easy as going over it with a razer in the shower for 30 seconds a day.

heartworm

Reaction score
Depends entirely on the type of girls you're into. I never shave anything - never had a complaint, but I know some girls prefer the shaved/waxed look.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's not bad at all, I usually just trim mine as shaving the amount of hair I have will ruin me.

OakCreekHitter

Reaction score
Get laser hair removal for your entire chest.
Your girl will have your chest hair up her nose the entire night when she cuddles in bed!

SoundsCanorous

Reaction score
First of all - how old are you?
If you want to look aesthetic - of course you should keep your body hairless, but there are such important things as:
- For the first time you should shave chest with razor.
- Since you are pretty tanned - you need to tan in solarium the day after shaving. You may use cocoa butter before tanning.
- If your body grows hair not so fast, so you can shave just once-twice per two weeks - you can shave with razor only, otherwise - use cream/gel/anything to cause hair falling.

Noticeable, you have great genetics - you should go to gym and workout a little to add some fit look to your body.
Its kinda like +2 to your overall look in 10 point system.

Cheers.

andpgud

Reaction score
I trimmed it. I started going to the gym and we will see what comes out of it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads