• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hairstyles for little boys?

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a good internet source for photos of hairstyles for little boys? I did a few searches in various languages and came up empty.

The books at most hair salons have boring hairstyles for boys.

Thanks for your suggestions,

Fabienne

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
not to offend, but wouldn't it be better for boys to have average, "boring" haircuts? i grew up in an exclusive boys school, and kids can really be mean, and if one wears or sports something "different" then he is probably inviting bullying or ridicule.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
mohawk!

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
not to offend, but wouldn't it be better for boys to have average, "boring" haircuts? i grew up in an exclusive boys school, and kids can really be mean, and if one wears or sports something "different" then he is probably inviting bullying or ridicule.
Dali had a silver headed stick that his mother gave him, and he would knock his schoolmates' heads on the playground.

raley

Reaction score
I always had the same part on the side haircut until I got a little older. Some good ones from my childhood friends are: the bowl, the pineapple, and the buzz.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In school we made fun of kids with styled haircuts. Of course it wasn't right, but it will happen, in any public school at least.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1jolie.jpg

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
In grade school, one can be made cruel sport of for anything. The notion that you can somehow save a child from this experience by giving them a "bland" haircut, "bland" name, or whatever, is imho mistaken. Better to teach your child self-esteem (and, if you're so inclined, the straight jab).

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
In grade school, one can be made cruel sport of for anything. The notion that you can somehow save a child from this experience by giving them a "bland" haircut, "bland" name, or whatever, is imho mistaken. Better to teach your child self-esteem (and, if you're so inclined, the straight jab).

Point taken, but I do find something a bit disconcerting about young children being so 'style-conscious' these days. Put a bowl over the kid's head and cut, I say.
tounge.gif

But if one insists, I suppose one might find an appropriate selection of options at ***.
laugh.gif

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Quirk
Point taken, but I do find something a bit disconcerting about young children being so 'style-conscious' these days. Put a bowl over the kid's head and cut, I say.
tounge.gif

But if one insists, I suppose one might find an appropriate selection of options at boysimageconsultant.com.
laugh.gif

LOL.
I'd assumed Fabienne was simply looking for exemplars of different styles -- read types -- of haircuts for boys, as opposing to angling to give her son an aggressively "stylish" haircut. I favor the former, but not the latter (not that my views about how Fabienne's child wears his hair should matter to Fabienne or anyone else).
I'm wondering if you can find class pictures or a yearbook or the like for kids your son's age, Fabienne. Usually, in a random sampling of kids like that you'll see a variety of hairstyles and perhaps get some idea of what appeals to you.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad

Yeah, may as well name him Sue.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Quirk
tounge.gif

I agree. Little boys will look cute whatever their hairstyle. (btw Fabienne, he looks adorable in your avatar). My 4 year-old couldn't care less what his hair looks like. He'll have plenty of time later to worry about that. We usually go to this ****** hair place for the $30 dad + son special and it's just a matter of getting him to sit still long enough to get him trimmed and cleaned up. My advice is to let boys be boys. No metrosexual hair salon styling jazz. Men like boring haircuts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads