Hairstyles for little boys?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Fabienne, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Fabienne

Fabienne Senior member

Does anyone have a good internet source for photos of hairstyles for little boys? I did a few searches in various languages and came up empty.

The books at most hair salons have boring hairstyles for boys.

Thanks for your suggestions,

Fabienne

2. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

not to offend, but wouldn't it be better for boys to have average, "boring" haircuts? i grew up in an exclusive boys school, and kids can really be mean, and if one wears or sports something "different" then he is probably inviting bullying or ridicule.

3. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

mohawk!

4. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

not to offend, but wouldn't it be better for boys to have average, "boring" haircuts? i grew up in an exclusive boys school, and kids can really be mean, and if one wears or sports something "different" then he is probably inviting bullying or ridicule.
    Dali had a silver headed stick that his mother gave him, and he would knock his schoolmates' heads on the playground.

5. raley

raley Senior member

I always had the same part on the side haircut until I got a little older. Some good ones from my childhood friends are: the bowl, the pineapple, and the buzz.

6. dusty

dusty Senior member

In school we made fun of kids with styled haircuts. Of course it wasn't right, but it will happen, in any public school at least.

7. sonick

sonick Senior member

[​IMG]

8. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

In grade school, one can be made cruel sport of for anything. The notion that you can somehow save a child from this experience by giving them a "bland" haircut, "bland" name, or whatever, is imho mistaken. Better to teach your child self-esteem (and, if you're so inclined, the straight jab).

9. Quirk

Quirk Senior member

In grade school, one can be made cruel sport of for anything. The notion that you can somehow save a child from this experience by giving them a "bland" haircut, "bland" name, or whatever, is imho mistaken. Better to teach your child self-esteem (and, if you're so inclined, the straight jab).

Point taken, but I do find something a bit disconcerting about young children being so 'style-conscious' these days. Put a bowl over the kid's head and cut, I say. [​IMG]

But if one insists, I suppose one might find an appropriate selection of options at ***. [​IMG]

10. Kai

Kai Senior member

11. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Point taken, but I do find something a bit disconcerting about young children being so 'style-conscious' these days. Put a bowl over the kid's head and cut, I say. [​IMG]

But if one insists, I suppose one might find an appropriate selection of options at boysimageconsultant.com. [​IMG]

LOL.
    I'd assumed Fabienne was simply looking for exemplars of different styles -- read types -- of haircuts for boys, as opposing to angling to give her son an aggressively "stylish" haircut. I favor the former, but not the latter (not that my views about how Fabienne's child wears his hair should matter to Fabienne or anyone else).
    I'm wondering if you can find class pictures or a yearbook or the like for kids your son's age, Fabienne. Usually, in a random sampling of kids like that you'll see a variety of hairstyles and perhaps get some idea of what appeals to you.

12. dusty

dusty Senior member

Yeah, may as well name him Sue.

13. EL72

EL72 Senior member

I agree. Little boys will look cute whatever their hairstyle. (btw Fabienne, he looks adorable in your avatar). My 4 year-old couldn't care less what his hair looks like. He'll have plenty of time later to worry about that. We usually go to this kiddie hair place for the $30 dad + son special and it's just a matter of getting him to sit still long enough to get him trimmed and cleaned up. My advice is to let boys be boys. No metrosexual hair salon styling jazz. Men like boring haircuts.

14. stach

stach Senior member

What style does the young man want?

15. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

[​IMG]

maddox shouldnt be worried about bullies...

[​IMG]