• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hairstyle Advice? 6-7 Update

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Scroll down to Message #14

I like my haircut, and I've never had anyone tell me I had a bad hairstyle. However, I posted a few WAYWRN pics in SW&D and have been torn apart for a ****** hairstyle. What do you think? I feel that my haircut is alright, but not very stylized.

Here's what it looks like now. I got a haircut last week. Excuse the red eyes... it's been an insanely busy day.

dsc05101l.jpg
dsc05100v.jpg
dsc05099i.jpg

Here's what I looked like with a beard and slightly longer, but definitely messier hair.

beards.jpg

And here's what I look like standing up. Pic's not great, but it gives you an idea of my physique.

dsc05094.jpg

Any ideas? I think maybe something like this would work: http://haircutsformen.org/buzz/haircuts/buzz176.htm

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Keep it shorter to avoid the curling, or go longer for the terrorist/5 o'clock shadow look that we all know and love. I'd go high and tight on the sides with a nice fade for something more youthful.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's fine, but I'd suggest you start taking Propecia or Saw Palmetto. You'll hold on to the hair you've got. You're not quite balding, but it's far easier to avoid the loss than it is to reverse it.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
It's fine, but I'd suggest you start taking Propecia or Saw Palmetto. You'll hold on to the hair you've got. You're not quite balding, but it's far easier to avoid the loss than it is to reverse it.

I'm nowhere near balding. My hair grows like a weed. All the men in my family still have their hair.

Originally Posted by Eason
Keep it shorter to avoid the curling, or go longer for the terrorist/5 o'clock shadow look that we all know and love. I'd go high and tight on the sides with a nice fade for something more youthful.

Oo, interesting idea.

Sesame Seed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by musicguy
I'm nowhere near balding. My hair grows like a weed. All the men in my family still have their hair.

I think willpower is referring to your high forehead. It gives the impression that you are receding. Actually, I doubt that your hairline was always that far back. Your hairline could have pushed back without you really noticing. Grab a past picture.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always had a fivehead. The bearded pic makes it look like I'm balding, but I assure you... I'm not. Yes I looked at old pics too.

Sesame Seed

Reaction score
Fair enough. Eason has some good advice. Personally, I prefer your bearded look.

nonissue

Reaction score
yah +1 one to the beard, balances out your face. I like longer/messier too.

Inficius

Reaction score
When I first saw the bearded pic I thought it was someone else.... like a movie star or something.
laugh.gif
It definitely has a certain positive "look" to it.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
All males develop a mature hairline in their late teens-early 20's, which can spark paranoia about losing hair. You don't look like you're balding, though I would keep an eye on it and not let your family's hair loss history blind reality. I've got no hair loss on either side of the family and I've still had to start up the whole Rogaine/Propecia regime after I accepted I was losing density at the front of the hairline.

michel smith

Reaction score
At first i was completely lost as to what you were talking about. But, you could get a sew-in. A sew-in is extentions but its braided into your hair. Then you won't have to cut or color your hair. Once the hair is braided into your hair, your stylist will just cut and style it as you desire. And, while u have the style your hair will be growing underneath....just an idea.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How's this for a more youthful/stylish look? I know it's barely any different, but I'm trying different styling techniques.

I just put pomade in the sides and tried to keep the top more styled with redken rewind 06. Thinking about growing a beard again, but I don't see myself keeping it longer than a few days of unshavenness.

dsc05114cq.jpg
dsc05113r.jpg
dsc05111o.jpg

Thanks for the input everyone. APK, I'll keep an eye on things. I showed some slight density loss in the front of my head when I was 12 after being the hospital for a week from a car accident. It hasn't changed since then. I'm not going to shave my head bkstone!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads