• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Haircut in san antonio

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
But I need a haircut and need to find a new place in SA. Anybody know someplace, or should I just ask Satel's?

marc37

Reaction score
Be careful Steve, haircuts can be bad for your health (nutrient leaching occurs). l will post some info soon. Best to let it grow long.

P.S: l don't practise what l preach here, l cut my hair.

P.S.S: make sure you top up with extra vitamins & minerals for a week after you have cut your hair.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
I do try to get them as little as possible while still remaining presentable.

fareau

Reaction score
This is a bit of a tangent, but I visited San Antonio for the first time this weekend and was very pleasantly surprised at how nice a city it is. We moved to Houston 9 months ago from the Northeast and we are still acclimating (it is a most "unique" city
sad.gif
). We decided to visit San Antonio this weekend and were completely won over by the Riverwalk area. The humidity was much less oppressive than Houston's, and the general pace of life seemed slower and more sedate. We also enjoyed visiting the Alamo (smaller than what I imagined) in addition to the other former Spanish missions in the area. It was a lovely weekend and while I can't recommend where to get a good haircut, I certainly found a few places that make a great margarita.

vero_group

Reaction score
Yeah, San Antonio is nice. I've been there on pleasure and business trips. Always had a great time.

Indeed, Houston is oppressively humid. It's a hugely industrial place. Oil, gas, and chemical plants everywhere. Where Houston is very blue-collar, Dallas is extremely white-collar. Definitely take a visit to Dallas sometime. It's like Houston in that it's very corporate -- lots of headquarters -- but it's more organized and more classy. You won't see many cowboy hats and boots in Dallas.

Finally, Austin is most definitely worth a trip. It's the most liberal city in Texas and a lot of fun. Beautiful hill country and lakes. Lots of University of Texas babes. Great BBQ too. I went to college in Dallas (SMU), but spent my weekends down in Austin having fun. It was always worth the three hour drive down I-35...

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Indeed, Houston is oppressively humid. It's a hugely industrial place. Oil, gas, and chemical plants everywhere. Where Houston is very blue-collar, Dallas is extremely white-collar. Definitely take a visit to Dallas sometime. It's like Houston in that it's very corporate -- lots of headquarters -- but it's more organized and more classy. You won't see many cowboy hats and boots in Dallas.
More organized, yes (in an oppressive, cookie-cutter sort of way). Classier, no.

vero_group

Reaction score
More organized, yes (in an oppressive, cookie-cutter sort of way). Classier, no.
Well, in many ways you are right. One way being the arts -- Houston has Dallas beat there.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
There are arts in Texas???
wink.gif

vero_group

Reaction score
After the Getty Museum in the People's Republic of California (
wink.gif
), the Kimball Museum in Ft. Worth has the largest endowment in the country. Houston has some excellent museums and galleries. All the oil and gas pumped out of the ground over the years has bought a lot of art and brought it to Texas. The Dallas Museum of Art sucks, IMO, and the staff and its patrons are far too snooty for their own good.

fareau

Reaction score
In fairness to Houston, it has a large museum district with a fairly dense cluster of buildings housing all varieties of artistic, historical, and scientific collections. Additionally, there is a theater district that is second only to New York's in terms of quality/number of venues and total seating capacity. I also think that the choice of restaurants in this city might be the most extensive I have experienced in the US. The truth is, Houston is a very culturally diverse, cosmopolitan city and has tremendous potential. Unfortunately, it does suffer from a few very particular problems (but I guess that can be said about any city, really).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads