• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Haircut in Chicago

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Im a student so I can't spend TOO much on my haircut, when I go home haircuts are average 20 bucks minus tip. Im willing to pay a bit more for a "cooler" haircut (i.e. Asian Hairstyle). So does anyone know where I can get it cut in Chicago for 40 bucks or under including tip?

Thanks!

Spencer Young

Reaction score
I've been happy with Guise (on Halsted). It's $5-10 above your guidelines but I've been satisfied w/ the cut and hair discussions/understanding there.

If you're looking for a legit 'cool asian' haircut maybe Chinatown? Not sure for that.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I wont want anything TOO wacky and fob(ish). Just a nice, layed haircut for a price deemed good for college students.

Eagle

Reaction score
For years I walked across the street to Frank's Barbershop on Dearborn Street...good cut and a reasonable price (at the time; $18, plus tip.)!

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hm, Lori salon doesn't seem too bad, however its a rather "traditional" salon isn't it? I know its hard to get a nice haircut for a decent price nowadays (including tip). Im almost tempted to go to Korean town or chinatown for a haircut but I could either come out looking great or like someone's expierement.

ChicagoJohn

Reaction score
God, I remember this being a nightmare when I lived in the city. Anytime you wanted a quality haircut, it was easily $60+. Every 3 weeks, that adds up pretty fast. Once I even paid $110 over at Salon Liv in Old Towne. I couldn't believe it, it was the most ridiculous **** I've ever encountered.

Now in the suburbs I go to Zazo. My girl does an amazing job and it's only $30. I tip her $10 just b/c it's so damn cheap now.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
censored.gif
110$?? Thats my food expense for a week
baldy[1].gif

Mauby

Reaction score
If you go to Lindsay Station, just bring a pic of the kinda look you're going for. One of the gals there would be able to help you out.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guise | Chic on Halsted, I've been going there for over two years now. Ed is the only person I let touch my hair with a pair of scissors, Brad the owner is an awesome guy and they also carry some great clothing as well...

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ill see what I can find on those places, however whats the price point on those...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics