• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Haircut in Chicago

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Im a student so I can't spend TOO much on my haircut, when I go home haircuts are average 20 bucks minus tip. Im willing to pay a bit more for a "cooler" haircut (i.e. Asian Hairstyle). So does anyone know where I can get it cut in Chicago for 40 bucks or under including tip?

Thanks!

Spencer Young

Reaction score
I've been happy with Guise (on Halsted). It's $5-10 above your guidelines but I've been satisfied w/ the cut and hair discussions/understanding there.

If you're looking for a legit 'cool asian' haircut maybe Chinatown? Not sure for that.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I wont want anything TOO wacky and fob(ish). Just a nice, layed haircut for a price deemed good for college students.

Eagle

Reaction score
For years I walked across the street to Frank's Barbershop on Dearborn Street...good cut and a reasonable price (at the time; $18, plus tip.)!

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hm, Lori salon doesn't seem too bad, however its a rather "traditional" salon isn't it? I know its hard to get a nice haircut for a decent price nowadays (including tip). Im almost tempted to go to Korean town or chinatown for a haircut but I could either come out looking great or like someone's expierement.

ChicagoJohn

Reaction score
God, I remember this being a nightmare when I lived in the city. Anytime you wanted a quality haircut, it was easily $60+. Every 3 weeks, that adds up pretty fast. Once I even paid $110 over at Salon Liv in Old Towne. I couldn't believe it, it was the most ridiculous rape I've ever encountered.

Now in the suburbs I go to Zazo. My girl does an amazing job and it's only $30. I tip her $10 just b/c it's so damn cheap now.

Mauby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you go to Lindsay Station, just bring a pic of the kinda look you're going for. One of the gals there would be able to help you out.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guise | Chic on Halsted, I've been going there for over two years now. Ed is the only person I let touch my hair with a pair of scissors, Brad the owner is an awesome guy and they also carry some great clothing as well...

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ill see what I can find on those places, however whats the price point on those...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 128 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 234 31.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 116 15.8%
  • 31 - 40