• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Haircut = Confidence

When do you prefer to get a haircut

• Once a week

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Once every two weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Once every 4 weeks

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Once every 6 weeks

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I used to be the type of person that would get their haircut once every 4-6 weeks, but that was when I had long hair and I would style it with a side part, but I never felt confident in with my hairstyle. It was difficult to maintain and hard to manage on a day off. There would be times on my day off that I would wear a baseball cap or even a hoodie so people wouldn’t see my hair on a bad day. It wasn’t until during covid, after the lockdown, that I wanted to change my hairstyle. So I went through a phase for 3 years trying to get my hair to be shorter and my hairstyle spot on. As I kept going through this process, I realized two things. 1. The amount of times I ending seeing by barber which is now once a week. For some people, once a week can be a lot, but the reason why I go to see my barber once a week is because my hair grows very quickly. If I get my haircut Thursday, by Friday afternoon my hair starts to grow, not kidding. Another reason is because as a man we need to keep up appearances and be well maintained. 2. How my hairstyle made me feel and how confident my hairstyle made me. Every time I would get my haircut, my barber takes his time, pays attention to every single little detail, listens to want I want and we work on getting it right every time, but the biggest reason for me is because of confidence. When I get my haircut, I feel like a new man. I feel alive when I get my haircut, I feel like I can take on the world. I will admit that my hairstyle is a bit aggressive, but I carry it with confidence. It took me years to get it right and my style is a blend between James Bond (Daniel Craig) on the top, and Peaky Blinders on the sides and back.

podz

Reaction score
I get my head shaved with clippers (less than 1mm remaining) every 2-3 weeks. I'm 56 and I've kept this same since I was 24. I have pattern baldness but I'll be damned if the sides and back don't grow very fast. I always feel more confident after I get it all shaved off because it just looks cleaner, neater and less sloppy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads