• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hair stylists or barbers in LA?

Mayday981

Reaction score
Does anybody have any recommendations for any "good" hair stylists or barbers in LA? I've stuck with the same barber for the past 10 years and I've always got the same haircut where I shave all my sides and have my hair spiked up. Usually I got my haircut about every other week. That was before I decided to grow out my hair for the past four months. Now it's getting very long but the barber I have I don't trust him to style my hair.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mayday981
Does anybody have any recommendations for any "good" hair stylists or barbers in LA? I've stuck with the same barber for the past 10 years and I've always got the same haircut where I shave all my sides and have my hair spiked up. Usually I got my haircut about every other week. That was before I decided to grow out my hair for the past four months. Now it's getting very long but the barber I have I don't trust him to style my hair.

let me know if you find one. i go to someone new almost every time. i'd like to finally settle down with someone.
lookaround.gif

mbc

Reaction score
My girlfriend's uncle is a stylist at Allen Edwards in Woodland Hills. Everyone there seems to do very good work. They have 3 locations (Brentwood, Studio City are the others).

http://www.allenedwards.com

alflauren

Reaction score
I'm in LA pretty often, and I usually go to the barber in the Beverly Hills Hilton - it's called Anthony's, but I think Anthony might have retired. They've always done a nice job.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alflauren
I'm in LA pretty often, and I usually go to the barber in the Beverly Hills Hilton - it's called Anthony's, but I think Anthony might have retired. They've always done a nice job.
you mean the beverly hilton?

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Renault78law
http://www.rudysbarbershop.com/
i've been to the one in silverlake. they are not barbers. the overall shape was done well, but the details were off. i suggest either going to a real barber shop or to a high end stylist. the middle of the road places don't do it for me.

aucociscokid

Reaction score
There's only 1.

Absolutely the best.

The rest of the country: Eat Your Hearts Out.

The REAL "barber to the stars," the list of his celebrity clients is truly impressive -

Henri Soucy @ Drucker's Gornick's in Beverly Hills.

Thoroughly knowledgeable in all things hair and has complete mastery of the technique of haircutting.

A perfectionist.

He wrote the book: YOU'RE NEXT.

Have him shave you and give you a facial, too.

INCREDIBLE!!

Tell him, "Aleck sent me."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics