• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hair styling question...which product?

oliver360

Reaction score
Hello Style Forum,

Does anyone know a hair styling product that has very Low Hold + Moisturised finish to achieve this style...Edgar Ramirez (Point Break movie) - https://bit.ly/2VbikrT
https://bit.ly/2RkzCDS

Reason for Low/No Hold is I have very coarse hair, and ideally would like to avoid petroleum or oily styling products too. Any tips would be appreciated :)

Reaction score
Oliver,

It sounds like you might be looking for a good styling cream. It gives medium to long hair a low-no hold with a light/healthy shine. Think Brad Pitt in World War Z or Charlie Hunnam in Sons of Anarchy.

It's more of a thick cream that tames frizziness and gives hair a light, conditioned feel.

Apply it to dry hair for best results, rubbing between the hand and applying root to tip.

I'd recommend Jack Black Sleek Finish Texture Cream. Source

oliver360

Reaction score
Oliver,

It sounds like you might be looking for a good styling cream. It gives medium to long hair a low-no hold with a light/healthy shine. Think Brad Pitt in World War Z or Charlie Hunnam in Sons of Anarchy.

It's more of a thick cream that tames frizziness and gives hair a light, conditioned feel.

Apply it to dry hair for best results, rubbing between the hand and applying root to tip.

I'd recommend Jack Black Sleek Finish Texture Cream. Source

Thank you for the info, much appreciated. I have tried couple styling creams this week...

Hanz de Fuko - Scheme Cream
Aveda - Light Elements Texturizing Creme

However I found the Hanz de Fuko was hard to wash out, and had too much hold.
The Aveda was much worse, it felt like hair gel and it didn't work with my hair type, was hard to wash out aswell, and had too much hold. I think its case finding the right styling cream for my hair type.

I will see if I can try a sample of the Jack Black Finish Texture Cream, if not I might be stuck with serums for while.

sajesak

Reaction score
Thank you for the info, much appreciated. I have tried couple styling creams this week...

Hanz de Fuko - Scheme Cream
Aveda - Light Elements Texturizing Creme

However I found the Hanz de Fuko was hard to wash out, and had too much hold.
The Aveda was much worse, it felt like hair gel and it didn't work with my hair type, was hard to wash out aswell, and had too much hold. I think its case finding the right styling cream for my hair type.

I will explore the possibility of trying a sample of the Jack Black Finish Texture Cream for a change; if not, I might be stuck with serums for a while. Any additional info on alternatives is appreciated!
For achieving a style similar to Edgar Ramirez's in Point Break with very coarse hair and a preference for low/no hold and a moisturized finish, you might want to consider a lightweight styling cream or a hair balm. Look for products that are water-based and contain natural moisturizing ingredients like aloe vera or shea butter. These can provide a soft, natural hold without being greasy or oily. Brands that focus on natural ingredients and hydration, like Bumble and Bumble or Aveda, could have suitable options. Experiment with a small amount to find the right balance for your hair type and style preference.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads