1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

hair removal from groin area

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by mrgoblueguy, Mar 19, 2005.

1. hopkins_student

hopkins_student Senior member

I was not repulsed by this thread until I read something about a scrotum described as being in the "basketball state of firmness".

2. Aaron

Aaron Senior member

For me it was the phrase, "exceptionally equipped four-year-old."

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I have no comment other than "ouch."

4. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

5. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Nothing vulgar is being said, and the thread is about pube removal, so you're bound to hear some colorful descriptions.

Anyway, bare down there? I would simply suggest that you match her level of bareness - to me its a time-investment scale, and you both should expend the same amount of effort. Of course, you should always try and get away with doing less, but if she requests it, you gotta. I can't imagine using a blade, I would be much more comfortable with a home-waxing kit, despite it being a lot more painful.

6. policy

policy Active Member

DO NOT SHAVE YOUR BALLS.

I guarantee that the growback will be one of the most constantly uncomfortable feelings that you will ever have. As for the up there, I use a trimmer, no razor. It gets VERY close, close enough for there not to be a reason to use a razor.

7. MCsommerreid

MCsommerreid Senior member

Totally necroposted in the wrong thread. My fux pas.

8. Dragon

Dragon Senior member

I recommend trim over shave.

9. BankerBoi

BankerBoi Senior member

Go see the other thread. Love the Philips 'shave everywhere guy' in a white robe and Phil 'Bud Dry' Hartmann voice.

10. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

Shaving has led to very scratchy hair. Very itchy....

11. Sartorian

Sartorian Senior member

Trim it all short with scissors first, then shave if you must.

If you're shaving, make sure you don't go against the grain. If you're trying to get it closer on a second pass, pull your skin tight with the off hand and shave at a slight angle sideways. Against the grain will get you bad bad bad news.

Thing about shaving is you have to maintain, otherwise it'll itch to hell as it grows back. Come to think of it, waxing'll probably be the same.

Don't shave your butt crack. Get some of those drugstore wax strips and have your lady help. Uncomfortable but effective.

Trivia for youse gentlemen: strippers don't wax, they shave--just before performances--because it gives them smoother skin and no unsightly bumps/rashes. My girlfriend filled me in on that one.

Great thread.

12. CAshtead

CAshtead Member

Remember too to exfoliate the area. This does not mean some expensive product slathered on the area but somethingas simple as giving it a good scrub with a shower puff or flannel.

Definately do not use Nair or any other such cream. It's not to be used on 'sensitive' areas

13. Wings_2006

Wings_2006 Senior member

I haven't read all of the posts in this thread and if it's already come up then I apologise but I know I keep my groin area bare to prevent infection. I don't know if that holds necessarily true for a man, I'm sure as long as you keep it clean and trimmed you'll have no problems with bacterial and fungal growth. It took my body about 6 years to get used to the shaving. Now there are no ingrown hairs, roughness, etc.

For women, it's bad to use nair down there, but I don't see any reason why a man can't do it.

Claire

14. Dragon

Dragon Senior member

I haven't read all of the posts in this thread and if it's already come up then I apologise but I know I keep my groin area bare to prevent infection. I don't know if that holds necessarily true for a man, I'm sure as long as you keep it clean and trimmed you'll have no problems with bacterial and fungal growth. It took my body about 6 years to get used to the shaving. Now there are no ingrown hairs, roughness, etc.

For women, it's bad to use nair down there, but I don't see any reason why a man can't do it.

Claire

For men, there is not really a problem with infection like women.

I think the benefit of keeping it trimmed down there for men is just the clean look, and easier access for our women [​IMG] I don`t know, but maybe trimming might help for smell too.

My wife is bare too, and I like the easy access [​IMG]

15. BrettChaotix

BrettChaotix Senior member

16. egoiste

egoiste Active Member

From a skin care blog I found:

"· Scissors - The scissor will be your best friend when you need to trim down your hair. Trim it as close as you safely can. This makes shaving a LOT easier.

· A warm towel - You will have to warm the pubic area first, so can open up the pres and make shaving smoother.

· Razor Blade - Use a high quality razor blade, preferably new, so this way you’ll avoid going over and over the same area, producing irritation.

· Shaving Cream - A good shaving cream will soften your pubic hairs, which are by nature thicker. Leave the cream for about 40 secs before proceeding to shaving. I would recommend Amenity Shaving Cream, it works great and leaves no cuts and nicks.

· Moisturizer - After shaving your skin will end up dry, specially in that sensitive area. I moisturizer is a must, use any moisturizer that you find suitable, or better off use natural products. This can reduce itching on the upcoming days."

However, I agree with some of the other members -- trimming beats shaving (simply 'manscape' not rid off all of the hair). If you do go through with this though, prepare for at least a week of itching after (even when using a moisturizer). It's bad times.

Oh, and waxing is not a good idea if you don't like pain. If it hurts to wax one's leg, imagine waxing in the pubic area.

17. Jl24

Jl24 Senior member

don't use a de razor. and go carefully

18. NightyNight

NightyNight New Member

Scissors to trim it down, then go slow with a Mach 3, or buy a Venus and use it. Do it in the shower, with a bowl of water for rinsing the blade. If your hair has never been done, do like 3 strokes then rinse it out. It'll take time, but it's worth it. =)

I've been doing it for about 3 years, I still leave a little ball field above my buddy though, but the rest of it is bare.

19. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Please just use scissors. Going bald is faggy and/or feminine.

20. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Senior member

I would never put any sharp object such as scissors or a razor blade near my junk. Clippers work well. I'm surprised at the number of guys here who take it all off. I'd be embarrassed if I were seen in a locker room with no pubes.