Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Hair Product Question.

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by UncleMeat!, Jul 26, 2006.

1. UncleMeat!

UncleMeat! Member

Hey Styleforum, nice ta meet you and all.

My question. I need something to get a messy hair effect, but won't dry out my hair.

What am i best off using good sirs?

Also, I don't need anything craaaaazy fancy or expensive, something readily available, and that won't force me into a live of sexual slavery to afford..never again[​IMG]

2. ratboycom

ratboycom Distinguished Member

I have had good luck with Garnier Fructis (sp?) products. I use their Fiber Cream Pomade everyday for texture in my hair

3. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red "Mr. Fashionista"

4. skalogre

skalogre Distinguished Member

TiGi Bedhead. Used it for years.

5. shellshock

shellshock Forum Mascot

d:fi pliable molding cream.

its made under American Crew. but it smells dece and works good.[​IMG]

6. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Stylish Dinosaur

Depending on whether you want a shine or not, American Crew Pomade or Fiber are pretty nice. For more of a stiff look, I really like Enjoy gel. Garnier Fructis stuff isn't bad but I find that the tube can go bad after about six months to a year so you need to use it alot, then again its rather cheap. The stuff that comes in a ball like container is good for crazy effects from Garnier.

7. Tck13

Tck13 Distinguished Member

Hey Styleforum, nice ta meet you and all.

My question. I need something to get a messy hair effect, but won't dry out my hair.

What am i best off using good sirs?

Also, I don't need anything craaaaazy fancy or expensive, something readily available, and that won't force me into a live of sexual slavery to afford..never again[​IMG]

Salon bought styling products shouldn't dry out your hair at all really. Gel or Pomade will work just fine.

8. Chip

Chip Senior Member

Jonathans product 'Dirt'

9. bumblehair

bumblehair Well-Known Member

Jonathans product 'Dirt'
    One of the worst product I ever tried to use

10. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Depending on whether you want a shine or not, American Crew Pomade or Fiber are pretty nice. For more of a stiff look, I really like Enjoy gel. Garnier Fructis stuff isn't bad but I find that the tube can go bad after about six months to a year so you need to use it alot, then again its rather cheap. The stuff that comes in a ball like container is good for crazy effects from Garnier.
    That stuff (the spray gel I think) is so gluey I was afraid to use it after one time. Maybe my thing of it had gone bad.

After trying tons of stuff, I use this cheap LA Looks glue stuff in a dark blue tub. It's really sticky at first but it dries out all right and keeps my hair under control, which is difficult. And it's like $4 a tub which is nice.

11. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

One of the worst product I ever tried to use

really? i love it. best stuff I've tried. I would use it daily except it's so damn expensive that I only use it on weekends.

Daily use, can't go wrong with Garnier Fructis 'surf hair creme' or any of their other cremes/fibers/pomades. Good for keeping your hair separated but manageable. I just run it thru my head, shake it about, and good to go. Havent used a comb in years. $2.79 at Walmart

12. bumblehair

bumblehair Well-Known Member

really? i love it. best stuff I've tried. I would use it daily except it's so damn expensive that I only use it on weekends.

Daily use, can't go wrong with Garnier Fructis 'surf hair creme' or any of their other cremes/fibers/pomades. Good for keeping your hair separated but manageable. I just run it thru my head, shake it about, and good to go. Havent used a comb in years. $2.79 at Walmart

I just don't like it. The smell is awful and lasts forever. And it just does not work in my hair at all. It's probably just me.
    I do like the Surf Hair though. Even with it's strong scent it does go away.
    Unlike the Garnier fiber (whatever it's called) same smell but lasts all day.

13. drake

drake Senior Member

Bumble and Bumble Sumotech.