• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hair or no hair?

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another vote for no hair.

Biggen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
I really don't mean this as an insult... without hair I think you look like a stylish badass. With the hair I think you look like a well dressed but maybe trying too hard typical asian dude. I think the right look with hair would include a sidepart, and then you run the risk of looking like the guy in the front with teh confused look

+1

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First pic is sleeker.

Second pic is friendlier.

I'd go with sleek.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Although I think the hair is becoming to you, I'm in the camp of no hair.

tomgirl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you really do look way more badass and fun with a shaved head.

maybe with the longer hair, you'll lure 'classy' chicks?

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Keep the hair. You look creepy without it.

ashmin

Reaction score
Ayurveda is a system of traditional medicine native to India[1] and practiced in other parts of the world as a form of alternative medicine.[2] In Sanskrit, the word Ayurveda[3] consists of the words ayus, meaning 'life', and veda, meaning 'related to knowledge' or 'science'.[1] Evolving throughout its history, Ayurveda remains an influential system of medicine in South Asia.[4] The earliest literature of Ayurveda appeared during the Vedic period in India.[2] The Sushruta Samhita and the Charaka Samhita were influential works on traditional medicine during this era.[2] Ayurvedic practitioners also identified a number of medicinal preparations and surgical procedures for curing various ailments and diseases.[5]

As per Indian heritage and science, AYURVEDA is an Upaveda or annexure to the four main vedas (knowledge systems). The famous treaties of Ayurveda are Charaka Samhita by Sage Charaka, which details the prevention and treatment of disease, and Sushruta Samhita of Sage Sushruta, which deals with Ayurvedic surgical procedures. In the Ayurvedic system, the prevention of all types of disease has a prominent place in treatment, including restructuring a patient's lifestyle to align with the course of nature and the four seasons to guarantee complete wellness.

IBJanky

Reaction score
Had to go to court this morning... With hair, and new glasses:
IMG_0379.jpg
myke

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^So have you decided to keep the hair? Nice glasses.

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I vote no hair. No offense but with hair you look kind of dorky, without hair you look like a total badass.

Nice suit!

IBJanky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
^^^So have you decided to keep the hair? Nice glasses.

Haven't decided yet if I'm going to keep the hair or not.

The only reason I haven't cut it off is because I've been working the night shift at work, so it doesn't get as hot with my helmet on.

If I worked day shift, wearing a helmet with all that hair is annoying. My hair is pretty thick when it grows and it would get all nasty with all the sweat trapped inside my helmet.

myke

IBJanky

Reaction score
I do agree that the shaved look matches my personality more.

I just wanted to try something different for a little bit.

myke

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IBJanky
I've always very short/shaved hair since high school. I'm turning 30 this year and wanted to try something different, I love the Rat Pack look
wink.gif

Been growing it for the past couple of months, so it still has some more growing to do.

Onto the pics, forgive the crappy cell phone quality...

Before:

IMG_0256.jpg

Currently:

IMG_0352.jpg

myke

You look good either way but with hair you look "softer" and more approachable. It looks like you have less attitude with the hair.

Originally Posted by cptjeff
Yeah, I would say that you do look a good bit younger with hair.

Also, I really dig that tie (pic 2). Nice one.

I used to go to Hockey camp in Potsdam.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads