[Hair Help] I hate my hair! I want to get a girlfriend, so should I shave beard, get haircut, etc?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by jjordizzle, Jul 12, 2012.

1. jjordizzle

jjordizzle Member

Here's a link to an album. First 3 pictures are as of right now, and the other 3 are recent pictures of me with different length hair.

I am 20 years old, and I fcking HATE my hairline. It's not receding, it's been like that forever, but I think my hair is thinning regardless.
    I haven't let my hair grow out really much at all because I dislike how it looks, but to be fair I haven't given it a real chance.

http://imgur.com/a/SyxBr

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012

2. Sander

Sander Senior member

Dude, your hair looks fine. If you want to get a girlfriend, your hair is not what is stopping you.

3. b1os

b1os Senior member

4. bmathe02

bmathe02 Well-Known Member

Clean shave and your hair in the bottom pictures.

5. phxlawstudent

phxlawstudent Senior member

No constructive suggestion, sorry. But I do hear that women dig guys who shave with a straight razor. However, I'm 100% sure that is not a criteria they look for when first meeting someone.

6. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

A clean shave would help. So, frankly, would better fitness. The hairline might not be receding, but the temples have. That, the weight, and the beard say mid-20's or older. That could be a problem with some college-age women. Shorter hair overall might help, but that also can accentuate facial pudginess.

7. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

Since your hair is thin try going short and neat. Go to a good barber, get a long buzz cut all over and a close crop beard trim. Have them shape the beard to come up your neck above your adams apple.

8. TonyHuynhTwo

TonyHuynhTwo Member

Keep it cropped closer. You don't want to end up with jerry curls. Shorter is the way to go for men with very curly hair.

9. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

the hair is not keeping you from getting a girlfriend, imo.

I would shave and start socializing.

10. Paisan

Paisan Member

I think you're better off keeping your hair short like in the bottom pictures as opposed to growing it out, and I think a close shave would do wonders for your appearance. The curly hair plus the scraggly beard is a little too much. My only other advice would be to hit the gym and develop a stellar sense of humor- girls love muscles and jokes.

11. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

Keep your hair short, get to a gym, eat healthier and get outside and get some color. Although being funny and confident would be 1000x easier and tends to work the best.

12. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

For the record, I was not trying to be an arse.

I have curly hair and when I was letting it grow I shaved, long hair and facial hair looks bad.

You are not ugly but you do seem to have a little excess weight. Start going to the gym and it will benefit your self esteem and health. Since you're on the forum I assume you know the basics of dressing well, that should get you some points. Be funny and read read read, the few women I have talked to are always :wow: when I talk. :embar:

There is also thread for questions regarding hair. It helps future members learn and keeps the clutter down.

13. Monaco

Monaco Senior member

lol the comments were much nicer than I expected for SF.

Yea, If I were you, I'd shave, grow out more hair and do some exercise. Be confident about who you are and be a gentleman.