• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hair going gray at an early age. Not cool.

scientific

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm 27. when i got my first few silver hairs in the last year or two I was OK with it. my girlfriend always gives me $hit about looking young anyway. but things are getting out of control and it's on the verge of going from huh look at that to srsly wtf.

anything i can do to stop the advance? when I said I wanted to be the next Peter Lynch or Bill Ackman, this isn't what I meant.
ffffuuuu.gif

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are certain herbs which based on anecdotal evidence can slow the progress. Google. 27-29 is around the age the first few begin to pop up - the beginning signs that the trip to Valhalla is certain. Vedic Astrology refers to it as the "Saturn Return" - https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikiped.../Saturn_return Convince yourself that you're actually seeing platinum blond strands show up. And remember, gray hair didn't prevent Steve Martin from success in career and with "the ladies".

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have read that cutting back on caffeine can help stem the tide.

I had a grey streak at the back of my head when I was 21, nothing I could do about it and its far too late for Grecian 2000 so I enjoy the mantle of Sliver Fox.

forStyle

Reaction score
I started having a few strands since 15 years old. Still only see a few white strands.

It's not sign of bad health. I think it's just genes and stress.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my first grey hair at 15 and went mostly grey by 30. Rare male effect FTW ...
satisfied.gif

Komatsu

Reaction score
As forStyle posted earlier - genetics and stress (and mostly stress I believe)

Found my first silvers and greys when I was in middle school during final season
Recently came across a bunch again while trying to write two final papers at the same time

In case your hair happens to be black or a rather dark color apparently eating black sesame works?

Pantisocrat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
27 is too early. I personally wouldn't mind going all grey by 50 though.

aizan

Reaction score
dying hair is lame. grey hair is cool. seems like an easy choice.
teacha.gif

roryben

Reaction score
I'd rather be going grey at 27 than be balding...

damnit

(you probably just look refined)

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what's worse is if you're greying and have a receding hairline... that's double fail at age 24.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had some noticeable gray hair for years, and now in my early 30s they seem to be spreading. A few people give me **** for it, but *******. I'm not dying my hair.

scientific

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
There are certain herbs which based on anecdotal evidence can slow the progress. Google.
27-29 is around the age the first few begin to pop up - the beginning signs that the trip to Valhalla is certain. Vedic Astrology refers to it as the "Saturn Return"

i take it you mean Valhalla, NY ...
ffffuuuu.gif

Originally Posted by Mr. White
Scientific, tell your girl to suck your ******* dick and keep her eyes to task.

fing02[1].gif

i do agree grey hair can look good. but its too early god dammit. plus i know someone who also went grey early, former boss who was a huge huge d bag. so that's not helping

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads