1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Hair cut in Paris, Please Help!

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by HitMan009, Jun 18, 2006.

1. HitMan009

HitMan009 Senior member

Hey Everyone,

I need some help. I am in Paris and looking for a place to cut my hair. Needless to say, my french is pretty bad.. Can someone recommend me a good hair stylist that speaks english...

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will be indebted to you. [​IMG]

Thank You in Advance

2. jumpman69

jumpman69 Member

why don't you wait until you get back in the United States? is there some reason why you would want to get a haircut there?

3. alflauren

alflauren Senior member

Try the major hotels if you want someone who speaks English (and be prepared to pay for the privilege). But unless you have specific requests, I think you'd be fine at a regular salon. Just say "pas trop court" and hope he/she gets it right.

4. HitMan009

HitMan009 Senior member

Thanks,

I will be here for 7 weeks on business so a haircut is a must unless I want to look like a bum. I walked around Paris and saw so many places to cut my hair. I don't mind paying a bit more then I normally pay back home but I think(IMHO) a good haircut is a necessity that someone should not go without.

5. Fabienne

Fabienne Senior member

Send me a description of what you want in English in a PM, and I'll translate it for you. Print and go to any hairdresser.

6. HitMan009

HitMan009 Senior member

Send me a description of what you want in English in a PM, and I'll translate it for you. Print and go to any hairdresser.

Oh, I have been blessed my a reply from you.... Perhaps you can recommend one? Price is not too much of a deal but around max 30-35 euro would be ideal. Lower would be even better but not too much cutting quality(no pun, I promise).

Thanks so much....

7. Fabienne

Fabienne Senior member

I just replied to your PM.

As to the question of finding a hairdresser, I wouldn't feel comfortable recommending someone for men's haircuts. The last time I was in Paris, I went to a salon in the 15th arrondissement, and they did a great job. The Korean-born stylist I had convinced me to change the cut, and I've not regretted it. But I've also been to cheaper chain places, and was satisfied as well. Most hairdressers in France are fairly highly skilled. Last time I was in France, a month ago, I had to refrain from visiting a hairdresser: it was in the south of France, and the styles and colors I saw around frightened me.

8. mr_economy

mr_economy Senior member

Just be thankful you're in a stylish place like Paris and not someplace like Berlin. Oh the horrid hairstyles I saw in that city...