• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Hair cut in Paris, Please Help!

HitMan009

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I need some help. I am in Paris and looking for a place to cut my hair. Needless to say, my french is pretty bad.. Can someone recommend me a good hair stylist that speaks english...

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will be indebted to you.

Thank You in Advance

jumpman69

Reaction score
why don't you wait until you get back in the United States? is there some reason why you would want to get a haircut there?

alflauren

Reaction score
Try the major hotels if you want someone who speaks English (and be prepared to pay for the privilege). But unless you have specific requests, I think you'd be fine at a regular salon. Just say "pas trop court" and hope he/she gets it right.

HitMan009

Reaction score
Thanks,

I will be here for 7 weeks on business so a haircut is a must unless I want to look like a bum. I walked around Paris and saw so many places to cut my hair. I don't mind paying a bit more then I normally pay back home but I think(IMHO) a good haircut is a necessity that someone should not go without.

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Send me a description of what you want in English in a PM, and I'll translate it for you. Print and go to any hairdresser.

HitMan009

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fabienne
Send me a description of what you want in English in a PM, and I'll translate it for you. Print and go to any hairdresser.

Oh, I have been blessed my a reply from you.... Perhaps you can recommend one? Price is not too much of a deal but around max 30-35 euro would be ideal. Lower would be even better but not too much cutting quality(no pun, I promise).

Thanks so much....

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just replied to your PM.

As to the question of finding a hairdresser, I wouldn't feel comfortable recommending someone for men's haircuts. The last time I was in Paris, I went to a salon in the 15th arrondissement, and they did a great job. The Korean-born stylist I had convinced me to change the cut, and I've not regretted it. But I've also been to cheaper chain places, and was satisfied as well. Most hairdressers in France are fairly highly skilled. Last time I was in France, a month ago, I had to refrain from visiting a hairdresser: it was in the south of France, and the styles and colors I saw around frightened me.

mr_economy

Reaction score
Just be thankful you're in a stylish place like Paris and not someplace like Berlin. Oh the horrid hairstyles I saw in that city...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 236 31.8%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 118 15.9%
  • 31 - 40