• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hail to the Redskins! (2008)

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate to admit it but 'Skins no longer look competitive.
They beat the bad teams but insist on playing them close.
The decent or better teams simply out work them on both sides of the ball.
I'll be happy if we finish this year with a winning record.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well they have been using yet another new system this year. Hopefully they finish above .500, don't make any coaching changes and have some real continuity for once. they ought to be stronger in 2009.

life_interrupts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Failures of the Skins Didn't address O-line in the draft (Samuels and Jansen are done) Didn't address D-line in the draft (No interior pressure) Drafted 3 receivers and a punter (only one WR performing, punter cut) All three failures have had dramatic impacts on the season. Not to mention our kicking game in general (and by extension our special teams) leaves something to be desired. I didn't expect us to beat Pittsburgh or the Giants, but we had Dallas dead to rights, and should have been competitive in the game last night. A win over Dallas and (Lawd help me) the Rams, and we're 9-4, cruising into December. And yet, with three wins and a loss by both Atlanta and Dallas, we would stumble into the playoffs like Amy Winehouse out of a crack den.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Benson just went for 79 on a screen.
My team is bad.

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha. I live in Cincinnati but I'm not a Bengals fan. They are playing well right now. I can't believe this.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awful.
'Skins have lost to two of the worst teams in the NFL now.
They better devote the whole draft to strengthening the offensive and defensive line.
(Though if Tebow comes out I wouldn't mind them snagging him as a 3-4 year development project.)

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any SF skins fans vote for the pro bowl?

bkk

Reaction score
The Skins have abandoned the offense that created all of the buzz earlier in the year. Give it to Portis. Keep Campbell in the pocket as much as possible. Throw in some bombs. Now Campbell doesn't have time in the pocket, the rush game has been given up too early too often, and when was the last time they threw it downfield? Zorn also needs to come up with some new plays. When the announcers are tired of seeing the same plays over and over, you know the man has lost his creativity.

That being said, go Eagles! Nothing better than seeing the 'Skins lose.

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
**** the Skins. They have seriously ruined my life.

horndog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Disgraceful on all accounts. Any bets on how patient Snyder will be with his coaching staff?

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
let's go cowboys!

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Offensive line is terrible, play calling is stale, Portis has become a pain in the rear. With the Skins out of the playoff hunt, now is the time to do some experimenting with the offense. I'd love to see some "Wildcat" formations with Randle-El as quarterback.

life_interrupts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did anyone notice that 6 of the 8 first-round offensive tackles are starting for their teams, 4 of whom are over .500? Us? Two broken-down old tackles (who were broken last season), one potential long-term starter (Heyer), and a fill-in free agent (Fabini). Oh and the 34-year old Randy Thomas might be out for a while.

No investment in the trenches=no ability to make big plays=2008 Redskins. What's not been said is that Gibbs put much of this together -- and parts of his coaching staff are still in place. He gave away an additional second round pick for Portis (unnecessary since it was an even swap), gave up a second to move up for Campbell when there was no evidence anyone was going to take him that high. He's responsible for all of these old O-linemen and undersized receivers.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by life_interrupts
No investment in the trenches=no ability to make big plays=2008 Redskins. What's not been said is that Gibbs put much of this together -- and parts of his coaching staff are still in place. He gave away an additional second round pick for Portis (unnecessary since it was an even swap), gave up a second to move up for Campbell when there was no evidence anyone was going to take him that high. He's responsible for all of these old O-linemen and undersized receivers.
Gibbs had his faults but I'm not sure I agree with this. We very easily could have chosen OL and DL players with our first three picks this past draft. What have the actual picks (2 WRs and a TE) contributed? Talk about unnecessary. . .

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads