1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Hail to the Redskins! (2008)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Ambulance Chaser, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Giants, we own you bitches! We're gonna make Eli cry tonight!

2. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

Tonight is kind of irrelevant considering the Cowboys will win the division again. Only question is, can they not blow it in the playoffs this year?

3. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

4. zalb916

zalb916 Senior member

Tonight is kind of irrelevant considering the Cowboys will win the division again. Only question is, can they not blow it in the playoffs this year?

Totally irrelevant, because the NFL changed the rules this season to prevent any wild card teams from making the playoffs. The league couldn't have a wild card team win the Super Bowl two years in a row.

Dallas hasn't won a playoff game in over a decade, while the Redskins and Giants have won numerous playoff games as a wild card. Division champion doesn't mean everything.

5. life_interrupts

life_interrupts Senior member

6. StockwellDay

StockwellDay Senior member

7. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I hope you guys are ready for one Giant beating.

8. horndog

horndog Senior member

9. phreak

phreak Senior member

that game was awful. giants looked pretty good early on but the skins were just dreadful

10. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Senior member

+1.
    Second half was pathetic.
    Btw, why can't the 'skins get rid of James Thrash?
    Just cut him and move on.
    Please.

11. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

Giants, we own you bitches! We're gonna make Eli cry tonight!

pwned.

12. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

pwned.

Plax- 16 points. Yeah baby!

13. life_interrupts

life_interrupts Senior member

Not that anyone on the offense looked good, save Portis, but the Thrash drop on the deep fade when he had a cool 6" height advantage over the DB killed me. Not to mention the Moss drops, Randle-El lining up offside twice, and the fact that our O-line still looks like dog shit. As for JC, man does he need a psychologist. He looks shellshocked so much of the time -- too many people in his head. He's thinking, not playing and that will cost him his job.

14. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

There's only one word for the Skins this year - terrible.

15. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

There's only one word for the Skins this year - terrible.

And poorly coached.

Snyder is an idiot. Karma is real.

16. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

Yeah, so that was a disappointing season opener/Saucemaster birthday present.

*cough*
    Iggles

[​IMG]

17. horndog

horndog Senior member

Snyder is the main problem for the team. He's an idiot about football who only surrounds himself with Yes Men. We should have kept Saunders and Williams instead of bringing in an entirely new coaching staff to even further stifle Campbell's development. Not to mention I completely disagree with giving the Head Coach job to a QB coach (Saunders / Williams probably got fed up with Snyder's incompetence though). I don't think Campbell's a Brady, Manning, Romo, etc, but the kid needs some damn consistency in his offenses.

Anyway, I always thought Zorn was just a placeholder for Cowher next year.

If the team starts clicking, I think it can go well... A west coast offense is pretty exciting for those of us acclimated to and bored of the Gibbs' Run Run Run Pass offense. We've got weapons, they're just not coordinating correctly. But that takes time and I'm afraid this season will be tough to watch.

18. Sprezzatura2010

Sprezzatura2010 Senior member

And poorly coached. Snyder is an idiot. Karma is real.
    No question about Dannyboy, but didn't a certain JOE GIBBS lose his first bunch of games, too? (First go around. Though in his second tour he did take them to the playoffs 2x as often as Norv Turner, Terry Robiskie, Marty Schottenheimer, and Steve Spurrier combined. So can't call it a complete failure.) Zorn either has it or he doesn't. Nobody knows yet.

19. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

I can't believe how bad the Seahawks looked today. Seriously. I understand that we are decimated by injuries, and that Hasselbeck is throwing to people he's never even thrown to (even in training camp, except for the first week and maybe minicamps) and that he's battling both rust and a sore back. But our O-line looked like crap again, after the additions, new coaching staff, and etc. Our running game looked like crap after all the additions and changes we've made (though our most talented and explosive runner was not even used today) I'm trying to be optimistic and know that things will get better. Maybe we should have started Seneca Wallace at QB today - since he's taken the most snaps with this WR corps (and also brings extreme mobility and athleticism to the game)

I'm depressed enough as it is without my team flying all the way across the country to play like shit.

20. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Zorn is a fast learner and good people. I would expect to see a completely different gameplan from the 'skins next week.