1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Had my first shave with a Badger brush today

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Panzeraxe, May 24, 2005.

1. arrogant

arrogant Well-Known Member

What are Kent and "Em's Place"?

Isn't there a standard size brush? The Art of Shaving ones look very similar to many of the ones I've seen above, like Penhaligon's.

2. Panzeraxe

Panzeraxe Senior member

www.emsplace.com - sells silvertip badgers at very good prices. I just bought one from them - definitely a step up from a regular badger. Panzer

3. arrogant

arrogant Well-Known Member

How does that compare with Art of Shaving stuff?

4. Panzeraxe

Panzeraxe Senior member

I've never tried AoS - if I recall correctly, RJMan once said that AoS is simply rebadged Taylor's at a hefty premium.

Panzer

5. TCN

TCN Senior member

Art of Shaving is way over priced, and may brand you as a parvenu [​IMG] Kent was a great suggestion; won't knock your socks off, but fair priced. I alternate between a Trumper's Brush and a Simpson. I think the Simpson is the better brush. By the way, Trumpers reverses the top two grades from what all the other companies do (e.g.; best is super and super is best . . . or something like that). Has anybody examined, used, or repaired a Plisson brush?