• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Had final round interview & was told that offers would be made by the end of the week

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had a final round interview on monday (5 days ago) and the analyst I've been in touch with during the entire interview process told me that decisions would be made by the end of the week.

Well, Friday, I was nervous and fidgety the entire day, anxiously awaiting a phone call. Well, that phone call never came!!

Should I email her? Call on Monday? How much longer should I wait? Does this mean I didn't get the offer?

Please offer some rational input to calm my neurotic nerves!

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on finishing off the process as a top finalist. As nerve-wracking as that confirmation call may be, I would suggest holding off for at least a week or two. A decision or the communication of said decision is often delayed for a number of internal or process issues. There are disadvantages to appearing overeager, particularly once the offer is in hand and you try to negotiate its various components. By that same token, if you were not selected as the finalist there is little influence you have at this point to modify the decision, unless negotiations with the top candidate break down and you happen to be considered #2.

A related suggestion: use these few days to double-down on your cardio and strength workouts. It will help clear your mind and give you a physical outlet for your understandable nervous energy.

Good luck.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you probably didnt get it =/

ime if they don't call you within 1-2 days after the interview, you aren't moving on. if you didn't get the job hopefully they will call you on the day of the deadline, but sometimes they call even later, or not at all.

Coors Light

Reaction score
On the contrary,

You very well may have gotten it and making the call to inform you was not fit in the schedule.

My wife received a voicemail following the final interview that stated to call whenever she had the time.

She called 10 minutes later to no answer. No call back by the end of business thursday.. or friday.

The weekend passed and on Monday she was called and informed that she was given the job.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The firm I interviewed for is a really small company (I'd say less than 50 employees.. maybe even less than 30) and when I got the email for a final round interview invitation, the analyst gave me the option to interview on Monday or Wednesday. I chose Monday. I'm also assuming she offered one or two other candidates the options to interview on Tuesday or Thursday. Since the company is so small, I would hope that a rejection call by the deadline date wouldn't be so tough. In other words, I don't think it would have been that tough for them to call or email me on friday to say I didn't get it. But that's probably just wishful thinking on my part
frown.gif
Also, I highly doubt that they would just leave me hanging if I didn't get the offer. I'm like 99% sure they would at least have the courtesy to email or call me about a rejection. On another note, I did advance to a second round interview for another firm.. so I guess if I don't get this offer I will bust ****** off for this other firm. Thanks for the input guys! I will definitely update this thread with the news when I get it (hopefully good).

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreenFrog
Since the company is so small, I would hope that a rejection call by the deadline date wouldn't be so tough. In other words, I don't think it would have been that tough for them to call or email me on friday to say I didn't get it. But that's probably just wishful thinking on my part
frown.gif
Also, I highly doubt that they would just leave me hanging if I didn't get the offer. I'm like 99% sure they would at least have the courtesy to email or call me about a rejection.

It is shockingly common these days across all manner of industries that candidates who do not receive offers are simply not contacted. I think it's really bizarre, rude, and inconsiderate, but I guess few of those companies are in a position where the kind of ill will that that generates among candidates is going to ever hurt them.

leftover_salmon

Reaction score
FWIW, I interviewed for a lateral position a little over a month ago at an investment bank. I was told they were on a quick timeline...two weeks passed, and then I was told "End of this week." That week came and went and I finally found out the next Wednesday that they were offering me the job...so don't despair.

That said, what happens, happens, and there's nothing we can really do for you.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My father once got an offer two months after the day. He'd already accepted another job and we all laughed about it. ~ H

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ugh. so it's tuesday mid-day and i still haven't heard back.. yesterday was a holiday so i wasn't expecting it but now im starting to doubt that i got the offer.

MrGoodBytes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
My father once got an offer two months after the day. He'd already accepted another job and we all laughed about it.

~ H

US Cellular called me about accepting an engineering position a year and a half later concerning an interview. I have never laughed so hard.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreenFrog
ugh. so it's tuesday mid-day and i still haven't heard back.. yesterday was a holiday so i wasn't expecting it but now im starting to doubt that i got the offer.

if it's small firm, then they could have been busy on something, it's harder for small firm, consider they don't have dedicated HR and it's a job no ones want to do (i.e. type up some letter, inesrt random disclaimer, etc.).

Another possibility is they're just working down the list.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads