1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Habitual

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by denning, Oct 20, 2006.

1. denning

denning Distinguished Member

I normally don't post on the Streetwear side of things, but I am looking for a new pair of jeans. I'm hoping to solicit some opinions of what to look at.

First off, I am in Victoria, BC on Vancouver Island in Canada and so access to try things on is extremely limited. I am 6' tall, weigh about 160 and have 19" thighs and for sizing reference I wear a 30 in Nudie Regular Ralfs.

I am looking for a straight leg jean, but not really slim. For a reference to the kind of cut I am looking for I like the look of these PDC's but they are a bit on the baggy side.

[​IMG]

What I am really considering right now is a pair of Habitual jeans. Specifically, the Johnny Glory either in the Atmosphere or Shadow Play wash.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I have never had the opportunity to look at these jeans and so was wondering if any of the denim gurus could give me an idea as to the quality of the denim, the construction etc, as well as the sizing (will they stretch/shrink?). I will say I like the fact that they are fairly plain and simple although they do have the maltese cross back pocket, but it is subdued enough that it doesn't really stand out all that much.

Anyways, if you have any info, or any recommendations as to other brands/pairs to look at such advice would be highl appreciated.

Cheers

2. knucks

knucks Distinguished Member

I like them, no idea on the quality tho. Sorry.

3. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Stylish Dinosaur

Are you looking for something with a low rise? If not, you may want to look at 5EP or R&B as either of them will have fairly slim but not skinny jeans that are straight, and you can go with the 5EP in straight dark worn if you want a bit of previous distressing.

4. denning

So, I haven't really gotten the responses I had hoped for[​IMG] , but I've done some more research and I think I have a plan. I am thinking of getting the Habitual Johnny Glory in the blue and a pair of Crate James in their black raw denim.

Unfortunately I still know nothing about Habitual jeans that isn't related to their women's line as there is no information on their men's jeans on the net. If anyone knows anything about the kind of denim they use (raw, one wash, selvage) sizing issues (stretching, measurements) or has any experience with them that would be awesome.

Also, I have looked at all the threads about Crate jeans on here and on Superfuture but I was wanting to get confirmation on sizing. I take a 30 in RRDS and have an actual waist of 33". Should I get a 32?

Thanks

5. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Distinguished Member

So, I haven't really gotten the responses I had hoped for[​IMG] , but I've done some more research and I think I have a plan. I am thinking of getting the Habitual Johnny Glory in the blue and a pair of Crate James in their black raw denim.

Unfortunately I still know nothing about Habitual jeans that isn't related to their women's line as there is no information on their men's jeans on the net. If anyone knows anything about the kind of denim they use (raw, one wash, selvage) sizing issues (stretching, measurements) or has any experience with them that would be awesome.

Also, I have looked at all the threads about Crate jeans on here and on Superfuture but I was wanting to get confirmation on sizing. I take a 30 in RRDS and have an actual waist of 33". Should I get a 32?

Thanks

you would probably get more responses if you had bothered to bump the thread.

6. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Distinguished Member

Oh and crate quality is crap, Habitual are ok quality but are better than crate.

7. knucks

As far as sizing goes, it depends on your thigh size...I had to size up on the waist of my Crate James IV to fit my thighs. I got a 32 instead of a 31.

8. denning

Knucks, I have 19" thighs. Not excessively large. I'm waivering right now about whether to get 32 or 31 as I have a couple of extra pounds I'm carrying right now that will be shed in the next month or two. Given that, I'm thinking the 31, but others have said that you should get true to size. How much have yours stretched?

9. knucks

I can't say whether mine have stretched or not since I had to size up on the waist. I'll tell you that there was no shrinkage after a cold soak the first time I got them. My thighs are 22", and the 32" waist I got are not tight in the thighs unlike the 30" 501 STF I got.

I will tell you that I could not get the 30" jeans up to my waist, and the 31" were just right.