Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

H/T subwoofer, 2700 cubic ft. room, SVS? HSU? Epik? ED? anyone own or heard any of these?

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by pg600rr, Oct 10, 2011.

1. pg600rr

pg600rr Senior member

Need to buy my H/T sub this week and cant decide, want to be in the $600-$700 range, looking @ SVS, Epik, ED, HSU.... all internet direct brands with good reps. similar pricing, and similar specs... no idea what to go with.

2. sleekblackroadster

sleekblackroadster Senior member

in the same boat as you but basically have decided on the new svs pb12-nsd for $769 shipped.

never heard any of them so i'm kind of going on faith.

3. pg600rr

pg600rr Senior member

thats what I have been leaning toward but the epik legend for example can be had for $200 less... i'd really like to know if there would be a descernible diff. between the two before dropping an extra $200

4. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

SVS will kill it in that room. Make sure you have a dedicated space for it though, you can't exactly just tuck it away under a table or unobtrusively in a corner

5. pg600rr

pg600rr Senior member

I am sure the svs will sound great but is it worth the extra $200 over say something like the Epik Legend which has dual 12" drivers?

The way my room is set up, there is really only 2 places that a sub the size of the SVS could be placed (if I went with the sealed SVS that would be a diff. story). That would create a major issue if neither of those spots work out... I dont know much about sub room placement so I have no idea if either is ideal. Both are pretty much right up tight against wall in the back corner or front right corner of the room.