1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

H. Stockton Atlanta - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Former Affiliate Vendor Threads; a Locked Forum.' started by hstocktonatl, Apr 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hstocktonatl

hstocktonatl Member Affiliate Vendor

Hi guys, my name is Matt and I'll be managing our thread. I've been a member of this community for the past 5 years and I'm excited to share with you what is going on down in Atlanta.

First off, a little of history on us:

H. Stockton opened our doors to the great citizens of Atlanta in 1963. Our concept was simple: offer understated, proper attire for any and all occasions, with the customer as the focus, never the clothing.

Today, we continue to operate and adhere to this initial philosophy. Each of our four locations in Atlanta are staffed by knowledgeable, career professional clothiers and a broad assortment of quality goods. Our website features an ever-growing, curated selection of what we consider our most exciting garments and accessories. From tailored clothing, to sportswear and everything in between.

At our core, we're a Traditional men's clothing store, however, based on our breadth of clients, our selection is filled with something for everyone.

Our goal is to continually offer world-class service as well as one of the best values out there in every piece of clothing that we make, with a concentration on manufacturing in the Americas and Italy. Our partners include: Trussini, Ring Jacket, Canali, Hickey Freeman, Samuelsohn, Luigi Bianchi Mantova, Alden, Hiltl, Eton, Stenstroms, Seaward and Stern, Drake's, and Robert Jensen, among others. In addition to these partnerships, we have a core collection of H. Stockton tailored clothing, shirting (dress and sport), trousers, neckwear and accessories, all made for us by some of the best factories we've been able to find, in North America, Italy and a small shirting factory in Honduras (our newest partner).

We're excited to grow and expand with Style Forum and we're always here for anything you may need. If you're local to Atlanta (or in the southeast), we'd love for you to come by and spend some time with us!

A few photos from over the past 50+ years

Our proprietor, Ham Stockton, in the early 70s followed by the early 80s.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A client outside our original store in downtown Atlanta.

[​IMG]

And some shots from recent editorials.

Back to Basics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Around Town with Ring Jacket

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Links:

Tumblr: HStocktonAtlanta
    Instagram: HStocktonAtlanta

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2017
    7 people like this.
  2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Love the assortment you offer - welcome to affiliate and very best of luck with your sales!

3. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

'Sup, Matt?

Fok.

5. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

@SpooPoker @Murlsquirl@LA Guy

Thanks for the welcome!

6. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

Welcome to Styleforum. I've enjoyed shopping at your stores on just about every trip I've made to Atlanta since the 70's. I always appreciate your hospitality.

7. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Great to see you guys on SF - welcome! A definite must-visit for out-of-town visitors and locals alike.

8. 02///M3

02///M3 Senior member

Awesome! Went to law school at Emory and used to love dropping by your stores. Welcome to SF.

9. FLW

FLW Senior member

@leftofthedial Great to see you back! Always enjoyed your presence in the EP days. H. Stockton has always impressed me, hope to be in ATL sometime to see it in person.

10. Lancaster

Lancaster Senior member

Howdy. Who makes your Hamilton jacket? (In that vein, generally, who makes the clothing under the Stockton name?)

11. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

12. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

13. leftofthedial

I really appreciate the warm welcome! I'm really pumped for us to be a part of the community and think it's going to be a wonderful partnership.

I hope some of you guys can make it into the shop and hang out as well!

Thanks for the question! The Hamilton line of coats and suits are made by Southwick. It's a pattern we developed with them for our opening range lineup.

As for other makers, we use Samuelsohn for clothing, Ballin and Hertling for trousers, New England Shirt Co. and a couple of other factories for shirting.

14. leftofthedial

[​IMG]

A little late notice, but we're having a launch event in collaboration with Ring Jacket this coming Friday!

Nick from Ring Jacket USA will be in our Lenox store (3393 Peachtree Road NE) from 10AM-6PM. We'll have a preview of our Fall/Winter collection from these guys as well as a few special edition coats for the event (included the navy Balloon!), all made up in the 254F.

I hope some of you local dudes will join us!

Ring Jacket x H. Stockton - Friday, April 8, 10AM - 6PM

H. Stockton - Lenox
    3393 Peachtree Road NE
    Atlanta, GA 30326

1 person likes this.
  15. leftofthedial

Thanks to all those who made it out for the Ring Jacket Launch party! We had a great time kicking off our partnership and giving a preview of our Fall/Winter selections.

Here's a rad shot of Ham Stockton and Nick from Ring Jacket

[​IMG]

Our selections for Fall 2016 were very well received! I've got photos of everything we have coming, outside of the suiting.

New Balloon Navy Glen Plaid Model 254 - The Fall version of Balloon is pretty wonderful. Lofty and soft, but with the same properties as the Spring version (natural stretch, high-twist for wrinkle resistance). Shown here exactly how we have it coming - open patch lower pockets, welt chest, half-lined.
    [​IMG]

Brown Donegal Tweed Model 254 - A hearty tweed that's also in the Balloon family - proprietary to Ring Jacket. Again, open patch lower pockets, welt chest and also half-lined

[​IMG]

We're incredibly excited to dive into their sportswear next season as well.

Brown Flannel Houndstooth A-1 Blouson - 100% wool, a great piece to layer under a heavy coat in cooler climates, but also a great option for a jacket in milder area (or if you run a little warmer than others).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Navy Boiled Wool A-1 Blouson - A wool/poly mix that's quite a bit heavier than the flannel above, while being equally as comfortable.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And finally,

Navy Knit Cotton Pique Shirt (also coming in white) - Their take on a long-sleeve polo. Made the same way as their sport shirts, with a soft lining in the collar and cuffs to give a bit more definition to the way the spread collar sits under a jacket. This is definitely one of the coolest pieces we've seen!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We brought in two special fabrics for the event: Balloon wool in navy along with a mid-blue with white windowpane silk/linen. We have a few units leftover, so I'm working to get them up on the site by the end of day tomorrow. While both are pretty incredibly, I would recommend the navy Balloon over just about any other navy jacket I've seen recently - it's damn near bulletproof!

1 person likes this.
  16. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

Very nice assortment.

On the pique long sleeve shirt how is the fit? I wear a 54 in a Ring Jacket and a 16/35 shirt. What size is the size of the collar on the XL?

17. leftofthedial

Thanks for the kind words! I'm really excited for the Fall collection. We'll also have two suits, a solid navy and a charcoal stripe, both in a proprietary cloth called Calm Twist. It's a wonderful 3 season cloth that's weighted toward the lighter side of Fall and has an open-ish weave. Unfortunately, there were no samples available to show. I do, however, have some photos of the fabric swatches that I'll try to dig up.

The fit is in-line with what you'd expect from Ring Jacket, slim, but not overly so.

The fit has been tweaked from their Japanese pattern (which is what the XL sample was based on), so the pictured shirt will be more in-line with their large (16-16.25 or so in the neck) and the sleeve length is around a 34. The XL will be around 16.5-17 x 35.

18. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

Great to have you here! Another place to put on my list of reasons to come visit Atlanta from Nashville!

19. leftofthedial

Thank you so much! Definitely let me know when you're coming through town again!

I've been meaning to give you guys a rundown and a little product overview of some of the things we've been working on, so what better time than now?!

Trussini

[​IMG]

This is our fourth season with these guys and, really, their garments have blown away both our customers and the sales people. The quality to price ratio is one of the best I've seen in full-canvas RTW tailored clothing. Trussini mixes incredible piece-goods (like the Toast Hopsack above) with wonderful craftsmanship (a mixture of hand and machine make) and a great fit that is elegant and contemporary, but never too far one way or the other.

We do two models:

Pictured above is the K body featuring a lightly padded shoulder, full lining and inset pockets and dual vents.

The other model we currently have in a navy hopsack blazer, featuring a shirt-sleeve shoulder, yoke lining and open patch lower pockets and dual vents.

We're extremely happy at the garments we've had in-store so far and will be expanding their range quite significantly in the coming seasons.

Luigi Bianchi Mantova

[​IMG]

At this point, I feel like everyone on SF is pretty familiar with Luigi Bianchi Mantova/LBM.

This is our first season with the Mantova range and we've got three coats from them, all in their Dream jacket - 2 button lightly structured, half-canvas, inset flap pockets, dual vents. The fabrics we selected are all pretty incredible, but my favorite is this VBC Super 120's District Check. To me, these coats are the more "formal" of our soft sportcoats. They're pretty straight up as far as the details go, so I think they fly a bit more under the radar than something like Ring Jacket.

Alden for H. Stockton

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We've been carrying Alden basically since the beginning. When I started at H. Stockton, the former Lenox store manager regaled me with stories of doctors prescribing their patients to buy the All Weather Walker from us back in the 70s, I thought it was hilarious.

We wanted to really go all-out for Spring on our makeups. The PTB we decided to make on the Aberdeen last, so it's a little more refined than the Barrie, adding the double Flex-Welt sole and natural Chromexcel, they're pretty much bulletproof.

The penny loafer, also in natural CXL, is a perfect vacation/all around shoe in my eyes.

And lastly our medallion captoe in black suede. Personally, I love and rarely see black suede shoes, at least not in ready-to-wear, and thought it would be a great makeup for the Spring/Summer wedding season. The medium brown edge makes it infinitely more wearable in my eyes as well.

H. Stockton Shirting
    [​IMG]

Over the past year and a half or so, after being continually letdown by what we saw in the clothing marketplace, we decided to forge our own path on the dress and sport shirt front. Seeking out incredible fabric mills and working with a few different factories, we have developed a new core collection that is exactly what we've been looking for.

The 200s 2-ply shirt featured above is one of the most luxurious dress shirts we've ever made. A Portuguese 2-ply cloth, made in Fall River, MA by New England Shirt Co. Alongside this track stripe, we have three other beautiful fabrics - a 200s blue check, a 140s solid blue and a 140s soft blue stripe (the last two launching online this week!). We think they're one of the best values in dress shirts out there.

This ever-expanding side of our collection is very exciting for us and, really, is what we've always done best - provided guys with understated, quality garments for all parts of their lives, at a fair price.

I hope you guys have been enjoying what you've seen so far, there's plenty more to come! Including a big post on some exciting things from the sportswear side ASAP.

3 people like this.
  20. emptym

emptym Senior member Moderator

Saw Mr. Stockton in that beautiful green sport coat on SF's instagram. Reminded me of a similar Zegna fabric I have. I also really like the styling, particularly the nice, wide lapels. Lots of other great, hard-to-find things on your website too. Welcome to the forum!

Last edited: May 1, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.