• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

h&m's own brand of jeans - touch em with a ten foot pole?

oman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
aight this is the word, basically - i've only owned two pairs of jeans for the last four years

one of them is a 725. that's right, wal-mart's finest. the button broke off years ago and ive been keeping it up by means of a belt, but in recent weeks the belt loops have started breaking at an alarming pace.

other one's an (originally) blue wrangler that has faded to almost white. it has dog bites in a pretty prominent position from when Champagne was a puppy

i can't handle it anymore. both these jeans are more or less unwearable

here's what ive heard - h&m makes a good brand of jeans (miles ahead of the two pieces of **** i own, im sure). confirm/deny?

oman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm located in the flat-out center of downtown toronto. there's a few h&ms around and there's a levis store pretty close by

oman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
also what store has the hottest fitting girls, just so i can go there to get some good advice, and maybe a number or two

i realize that is probably an entire thread unto itself

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
they aren't bad at all for the price

to answer your last question; what' s a girl?

oman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
some kind of weird machine that pops out babies every now and then i guess

re: jeans, my budget isn't small or anything - but i did consider walking into an old navy and just buying like five pairs off the clearance rack for $50 and being set for the next few years

the question is this - is it better to have 5 pairs of cheapish jeans (thus reducing the wear & tear on any single pair) or to have 1-2 high-quality pairs that you wear all the time?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Better to have 1-2 high quality pairs imo. Part of the charm of jeans is that they break in and wear as you wear them. The fit is likely to be better on a high quality pair as well- why look bad for the next few years when you can look good?

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
seems almost rhetorical. think about it. if you wear them everyday, why do you need 5?

oman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
seems almost rhetorical. think about it. if you wear them everyday, why do you need 5?
haha what

youre not making any sense

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
huh? you asked if you should buy 5 pairs of ****** jeans or 1-2 good pairs and i think the answer is pretty obvious.

oman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
alright fair enough

what's a decent price to be paying for a decent pair? you should never have to go above $50-$60 is what i hear (diminishing returns and all that) but i guess that could be totally bs advice since it doesnt come from a very fashion forward guy or anything

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
That's pretty much BS, how can you put a price on your absolute satisfaction? We don't live in a world where you can buy all things by the principles of diminishing returns.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oman
alright fair enough what's a decent price to be paying for a decent pair? you should never have to go above $50-$60 is what i hear (diminishing returns and all that) but i guess that could be totally bs advice since it doesnt come from a very fashion forward guy or anything
And no one should pay over $10k for four tires, some metal, an engine, and a steering wheel. You know, unless of course, you actually care...

oman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so are you basically saying to just go out there and get the sweetest pair of jeans money can buy

could certainly be interesting.

what's the return/refund rules on jeans, usually? if i go buy a pair right now, can i come back and jump around a bit and give them back if i dont want em anymore

also heres an awesome idea nobody's really made cash off of - why not hang a pair of jeans from the ceiling like a punching bag and just beat the **** out of them w/ a baseball bat? could be therapeutic

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oman
so are you basically saying to just go out there and get the sweetest pair of jeans money can buy

No one is suggesting just go to the mall and buy whatever is the most expensive. You can do that I guess, but people around here generally take a lot of time to pick out their denim. I mean if I'm going to spend $250 on a pair of jeans, they should be EXACTLY what I want, right? Impulse buying is never a good idea imo.

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a $40 pair of the H&M sliq raw denim almost 2 years ago. It was my first pair of dry jeans and I did it just to try out the look and feel of raw denim. Obviously, I like it. About a week later I was making my first trip to Denimbar and bought a pair of Acne max raw.

Once you pull the tags off of them, you won't be able to return them. Once you put noticeable wear on them, you won't be able to return them. Don't all clothing purchases work that way? I don't see why jeans would be any different. If you really hate them you could sell them here on the buy/sell thread.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads