H&M x Margiela Collaboration

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Scooba, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

ya but it's funny! :lol:

btw... gonna have to go check it out for myself sometime this week before the Thanksgiving madness happens!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  2. sexonfabric

sexonfabric Senior member

Don't let the truth stand in the way of a good story :satisfied:

3. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

yeah the H&M's are honestly pretty much a Margiela sidezip boot, what else to expect. One is made in Italy by Chinese sweatshop workers, the other is made in China by Chinese sweatshop workers. The quality of the leather on the collabo is obviously not nearly as nice, but the MMM sidezip boots were never great quality shoes to begin with, and easily in the hall of fame of styleforum's most late-pass hype items, maybe top 3 along with the Bless hoodcoat and Rick Owens leather jackets. The design is pleasant but there's not much one can say regarding the quality in the spectrum of men's footwear.

4. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

I dunno about the H&M collabo as I have no intention to check it out or get something but while I don't disagree about the MMM boots, I am currently rotating three "designer" chelseas as my daily wearers (white Yohji, black Balenciaga and grey MMM) and they're all holding fine even though I don't baby them. Sure we're not talking Vass durability but most designer boots hold up fine for a few yrs or maybe 5-10 if you don't wear often. I expect to buy a couple of sneakers and boots every 3-5 yrs or so to replace (not counting new acquisitions and changes in style).

5. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

the 'hmmm's say made in portugal, although i know that doesn't mean much.

6. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Interesting, they may be nicer than I think then. The quality of the leather wasn't great, but still. I wouln't wear those things without a topy though, and they seem immensely uncomfortable, based on my experience with anything made that way. Repettos are tortuous. I can't imagine the MMM's being much good apart from the style offering they give.

7. Crepe

Crepe New Member

Did all HnM stores get the collabo?When did they release? I've asked my sister and seems they did not drop in Dubai.Thanks!

8. jlewis

jlewis Active Member

Quote: It was only released in select stores. There's a list on the H&M website.

9. corneliusparky

corneliusparky Senior member

I'm pretty much a noob but I dug the collab when I checked out over the weekend. As others have mentioned, it was cool to see a bunch of archival MMM stuff...some of which I had seen in photos and thought looked gimicky but which were actually quite cool in person (and I imagine even better when originally made). Checked it out at two H&M's and all the sneakers were gone, most of the trompe l'oeil sweaters and all the dark blue jackets in 40 and 42. Other than that, there was decent stock left.

I got more than I was planning on. The sweater top, white painted jeans (probably going back unless the smell dissipates), the blazer and the blue knit. I've been looking for a beefy knit and really like the enlarged toy sweater. The blazer has a really nice cut. Tempted to return the knit because I'm pretty sure I can get it on sale in a few weeks. It'll look like shit on anyone who isn't in decent shape.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  10. berlin report

berlin report Senior member

I ordered the camel coat and the chunky norwegian sweater online as I didn't have time to go to the shop. I was mostly just curious and fully intended to send them back as I probably would never have any occasion to wear them but they fit so well and now I'm thinking of just keeping them. I'm still not convinced about the coat though.

11. hxh_killua

hxh_killua Senior member

12. bala555

bala555 Well-Known Member

How do the sneakers fit? And what is the biggest size made?

13. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

worst part of the collection don't buy

14. smashwindow

smashwindow Senior member

The quality of MMM boots can vary greatly, these weigh 580g per boot.
    [​IMG]
    These weigh 430g per boot
    [​IMG]
    Just from the pictures I think the difference in leather quality is quite apparent. The soles on the first are also better made.

15. Rincon

Rincon Senior member

The boots were pretty good I thought.

I didn't buy since I already have too many MMM boots but for $300 they were nice.

IMO people overrate "quality" on this forum.

We are all so style ADD that there are very few "timeless pieces" that we will be wearing 5 years from now, simply because we get bored of our clothes/fashion changes.