H&M x Margiela Collaboration

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Scooba, Jun 13, 2012.

1. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

I have the full collection available near me. Almost every item in stock. Let me know if you want something and I will proxy for a fee.

Because every one of the items in the H&M collection is a reproduction of an OG margiela piece that is essentially impossible to find now-a-days. And if you do find the OG piece, it will cost you way more than what it originally retailed for.

2. skywalker

skywalker Senior member

I'm really disappointed in Maison Martin Margiela, there is just going to be a giant flood of this stuff...

3. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

There already is on e-bay. Tough to find mainline stuff without wading through the H&M crap.

4. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

the funny part is the idiots aren't even getting retail price back. :lol:

5. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

someone asked for a comparison shot. i'm no expert but the H&M version seems decent to me, at £150 i might keep them as a rainy day beater.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012

6. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

If they survive said rainy day, congratulations.

7. djt00

djt00 Senior member

Indeed, those boots are only thing that didn't look bad to me. Not sure how long they will last and their leather soles might not be decent? If you like how they look and need affordable side zips, I don't see why not buy those. What is the biggest difference between h&m and real ones? Or do you see differences at all?

8. sexonfabric

sexonfabric Senior member

Could you use some black shoe polish to darken them down a bit or am I being retarded?

9. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

From what I saw, I don't think that's possible given the finish. Was kind of coated/painted on looking.

10. Obscured

Obscured Active Member

Has anyone tried on the black side zip boots? Would like to know, if they run true to size?

11. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

KindOfYoung posted a review of the stuff in random fashion thoughts thread. He said they were pretty decent and ran tts.

12. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Went last night at around 6:30 to the Soho H&M, basically on a whim (was passing by on my way to a gallery opening). Had pretty much the opposite of Drew's experience. Was pretty quiet, still some people buzzing around the store but the line for check out was no longer than it usually is at Uniqlo and it wasn't a scene or anything. Most of the stock seemed to be there, but I wasn't paying super close attention. Actually most of the people there seemed to be soho/fashion people there to have a look/laugh, I felt like more than a few people had a smug kind of 'lol check this shit out' look. I took pics of the side-zips, the painted ones just looked too cheap to me, but the black ones seemed ok enough. Would not pay 300 but would consider for less. Generally was my impression of most of the stuff. If my wardrobe wasn't where it is right now I think I'd consider picking up a few things on sale. At retail it's kind of silly. I was attracted to the guitar case bag, but not for 4 hundo. :embar: :foo:

13. flyindarkness

flyindarkness Senior member

The quality of the side zip is not bad at all. The suits are also pretty decent with working button holes.

14. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Rosenrot posted some interesting thoughts about this on my site:

A nice, balanced take on things.

15. Meis

Meis Senior member

+1 on most of this.

Stopped by the state st store today to browse the collection. There was absolutely no one else looking through it while I was there (at least the men's stuff) and pretty much everything was still fully in stock.

The boots were actually pretty decent- like ARW said the painted ones looked cheap but the black ones were ok... obviously not as nice as the regular MMM ones, but much nicer than regular H&M footwear. There was also a really thick navy knit (don't remember seeing it in the previews) that looked promising and felt ok but I didn't try it on so I dunno about the fit.