• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

H&M x Margiela Collaboration

myk7000

Reaction score

Don't own any MMMs can anyone recommend a size for me for the H&M collab side zips? thinking of picking up a pair for beaters

9 in sneakers, 8.5 in AEs, 41 in common projects

42 should probably fit you then.

I got a pair of the side zips myself as the price was reasonable. Needed a pair of black boots.

It's only been 4 days, but I've worn them everyday and they're just getting more and more comfortable. No signs of problems so far, but then again, it's only been 4 days. Some part of me wants to polish them in black, but some part of me digs the grey thing.

stick

Reaction score
Heh, I was just playing, they're mainline MMM. Not this season. I just decided to take a pic of those while I was doing the others.

wzjradam

Reaction score

42 should probably fit you then.
I got a pair of the side zips myself as the price was reasonable. Needed a pair of black boots.
It's only been 4 days, but I've worn them everyday and they're just getting more and more comfortable. No signs of problems so far, but then again, it's only been 4 days. Some part of me wants to polish them in black, but some part of me digs the grey thing.

I would like to see them polished black. I applied a tiny bit of saphir on the ankle, and the leather turned to a very, very dark grey. Pretty much black.

Tuma

Reaction score

Looks a lot better a little worn in. Think I'm going to hold on to my second pair and keep it on reserve.

The mark on the right shoe is just a reflection.

Have you polished these? These look so good to their price!

And white ones, I think I´ll buy a pair to do some experiements at spring and summer. Paint them by my self again or something. White colour will look a lot nicer when worn in as does the black I quess.

Last edited:

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Will the black side zips fade to a more dark/steel grey with wear or to a darker, more uniform black?  Basically, is the distressed coating/treatment just that and will it fade away or will it get more distressed with time?  Really diggin grey-ish side zips right now

i put fingerprints in the finish when i touch mine, its more of a waxy coating over the top (white shoe polish or something? i dunno). if you wanted, i imagine you could wipe the finish off and they'd look like the boots quoted above this post.

wzjradam

Reaction score
I have not. But I have wiped them down once or twice. Again, I highly suggest adding heel taps to the side zips. They will prevent the heel issue some are saying they are having, and will also prolong the life of the heel.

Here's mine with about two weeks of wear. Got taps on the first day.

wzjradam

Reaction score
Nice. I might do that to my second pair. Show us how it looks after a few wears.

leeba

Reaction score
i put fingerprints in the finish when i touch mine, its more of a waxy coating over the top (white shoe polish or something? i dunno). if you wanted, i imagine you could wipe the finish off and they'd look like the boots quoted above this post.
Interesting...but what if you wanted the opposite? (i.e. you liked the finish and didn't want the boots to be jet black lol)

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Interesting...but what if you wanted the opposite? (i.e. you liked the finish and didn't want the boots to be jet black lol)

not sure, apart from not touching or wiping them often. just let normal wear put marks in it.

if you wanted to keep the finish uniform, i've seen MMM boots for sale that come with a jar of MMM white shoe polish, that has given them a white-ish, aged looking finish.

for instance, these boots on the TK Maxx website look to have white shoe polish or shoe cream or something on them, you can see where the strap on the side has moved, theres a line between where the polish is, and the untouched leather

Last edited:

filcol

Reaction score
If I have a 41 in mainline Sidezips, will H&M 41 fit me too?

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mainline run up to one size large IME, h&Ms are TTS.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads