1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

H&M x Margiela Collaboration

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Scooba, Jun 13, 2012.

1. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

I'd be wary of the fact that most retailers in the Chicago suburbs will have nada when it comes to anything remotely fashionable. I've been to the Oak Brook mall countless times only to be reminded, on each occasion, that sprawling Midwestern malls specialize in nothing but the bland and trite.

Your best bet is to go downtown and see if the Michigan Ave. location still has some stuff hanging around. I doubt the Oak Brook H&M ever even had the Margiela stuff in the first place.

2. The collab was only stocked at certain stores, the list was on the site before everything about it was purged for there.

3. yipjam

yipjam Senior member

If anyone sees a pair of size 42 grey side zips and wants to proxy, hit me up!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  4. Meis

Meis Senior member

This. In the Chicago area only the State st and Michigan Ave locations had the collab.

5. mint

mint Active Member

I am going to get a painted zip and slip on and try to rub the paint off. I love how Hebe's turned out, especially the white on the sole. Instead of sanding, how about some kind of liquid solvent? Not sure if that'll hurt the leather. Is shoe cream different from shoe polish? Should be a fun winter project 8)

anyone want a 44 in camel, navy, or camel coat? or 34 in navy pants? or various sized fusion pants? or XS belt jacket? or S/M/L alpaca sweaters? or M/L fusion of two shirts? There is one of each coat and a few pants left at my H&M and I don't mind picking it up, especially the lighter stuff.

6. nowiremember

nowiremember Senior member

Anyone able to help find a pair of the black side zips in size 40?

7. einfallsloserName123

einfallsloserName123 Well-Known Member

Would it be possible to affordably redye the side zips to grey on his own after removing the paint on them? How can one do that and which of the two side zips would be better for this?

8. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Well one of the pairs has paint on them, that is the point. Doing anything to it won't yield excellent results, especially long term. The other one is black-grey and I guess you could use acetone to make them lighter ad then use grey dye to make em grey. Both idea are a waste of time and money, especially on such cheap boots. I stopped by H&M and got one of each for $50 a pop to use as bad weather beaters as my old beaters are nearly dead (pair of Loakes chelseas). I don't expect them to last very long, the sole is stiff and the leather quite cheap.

1 person likes this.
  9. max_r

max_r Senior member

wore my white ones to the bar last night with some friends. it was raining, and the leather sole seems to be softer than any other leather soled shoes i have or something, lots of rocks stuck in the bottom, which i haven't had happen to leather soled shoes in the rain before.

10. insomniac341

insomniac341 Senior member

Leather in the rain is never a good combo, regardless of shoe quality

11. wj4

wj4 Senior member

The H&M branch at the Americana in Glendale in SoCal still had 8 or so pairs of the grey side zip boots in good sizes too. Still at $100 though.

12. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

good size lot at SF store. 99.99. Just about every boot.

13. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Ask for a coupon at the counter and you'll get 50% off.

Fuuma, thank god some sense. They're clearly shitty corrected grain leather and the sole is stiff as fuck. However, at $50, I luv em.

14. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

They still had the side zips in grey or black in size 10/43? Someone told me earlier all the side zips were gone except for the large sizes. Thanks

15. mythage

mythage Senior member

If anyone can proxy a pair of size 42 black sidezips for under $100 let me know

16. forgotmypass

forgotmypass New Member

Lots of sizes left. At least 2-3 pairs in size 43 as of a few hours ago.

17. singh02

singh02 Well-Known Member

What coupon? More info please. Trying to help a brother move away from moc toe boots.

18. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Pretty sure he's referring to the friends and family coupon. They may give you one if you're lucky.

19. mint

mint Active Member

Does anyone have an extra garment bag I could buy? I bought things first week and they were already out of them. I just want one to carry my suit set.

20. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

White boots size 41-45 all $30 at the downtown H&M in SF. Too bad no 40s.