1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

H&M x Margiela Collaboration

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Scooba, Jun 13, 2012.

1. lowell

lowell Member

Can someone in the US proxy me the dark navy blazer in sz 36? I have the pants and vest already. Thanks.

2. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

this is no shit... I tried them on yesterday and they are slippery as hell. and yes they f'g reek like glue but I hope that would go away. I didn't kop tho' b/c the manager was there & the SA told me she would NOT honor the 20% coupon... but if I came back later he would ;) I think it really depends on the store and the cashier/employee.
    Tons of boots available and most everything else except the sneakers, which upon having seen them I was not concerned to have missed them. They're pretty shitty IMO... at least the zips are kinda close to the originals albeit with lesser construction and materials but the "panelling" and sole and construction of those sneaks is just shite... I wouldn't even get them for beaters.
    But anyway my LN-CC GATS arrived today so what the hell :slayer:

2 people like this.
  3. Cosmoen

Cosmoen New Member

Do any of the NYC stores have the promotion on black side-zip boots?

4. insomniac341

insomniac341 Senior member

If someone has the painted jeans at their local store, I'd be willing to pay a fee for proxying if you're interested. PM me if so!

5. aobusan

aobusan New Member

Would be grateful to get a copy of the coupon...i'm trying to make a few more MMM purchases and at 20-25% off, they savings would still add up; esp since I'm a lowly student. :) :)

6. GBear

GBear Senior member

I got them topy'd. Sole protectors were $30, heels were an extra $20. So much better...

7. sheeeepo

sheeeepo Active Member

^Picture of the topied boots please? I'm gonna get a pair, and I'm curious how much vibrams will affect the overall profile

8. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Any denim jackets left in Vancouver?

9. GBear

GBear Senior member

Well, my cobbler only had one set of sole protector topy's. No topy's for the heel so I just went with the vibrams. Nearly unchanged as it only add about ~1.5mm to the sole and 2mm to the heel.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  10. hrb

hrb Senior member

there were quite a few on sunday, not sure if they were marked down.

11. insomniac341

insomniac341 Senior member

Kind of random question, but I have a choice between either the h&mmm painted jeans or Naked & Famous reverse fade jeans. Both would be the same price - which do you guys think would be a better pair to get?

Also, for anyone that has raw denim, how do the h&mmm painted jeans compare to your raw size? Size up/down/tts?

12. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

Neither.

13. Scooba

Scooba Senior member

For the boots, if I'm an 8.5, should I go for a 41 or a 42?

14. mathieu

mathieu Member

Anyone know what the stock is like at Yorkdale (Toronto)? I want the navy or black suit set and maybe the sneakers. I find them so endearing.

Or if anyone with access to the suit set on the cheap and wants to proxy to a Canadian, I'd like 36 or 38 in jacket, 32~34 in pants, thanks!

There are a pair of red 11.5 sneaks at Eatons but nothing is marked down there.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  15. corneliusparky

corneliusparky Senior member

Depends on what you are 8.5 in? I'm a 8.5 in Wolverines, a 8 in Indys, 9 in Clark DBs, 43 in GATS and a 42 in side zips.

16. Scooba

Scooba Senior member

Just every day shoes. I don't own anything baller. 8.5 in Adidas and New Balance. Never tried on any other MMM shoes/sneakers.

17. corneliusparky

corneliusparky Senior member

I'm a 9.5 in New Balance 993s and went with 42 in the H&M sidezips so I'd say you are a 41

18. juniorwhopper

juniorwhopper New Member

the mmm painted jeans are pretty cool, nicely fitted, and a bit more raw than the n&f fade jeans. i do like the subtlety of the n&f jeans, seems to be less of a statement.

1 person likes this.
  19. blackderbyhat

blackderbyhat Active Member

I liked the white painted jeans, they're at least something to experiment with. Not sold on the red ones, but I'm sure someone could make em look good.

Go TTS on them. I sized down one the first time and I could barely get them buttoned which was a no go with how restrictive they are compared to like jeans w/ spandex in them. Then I bought a size up on accident and they're a little too baggy to wear comfortably.

1 person likes this.
  20. djt00

djt00 Senior member

I guess this must be done. That's pretty much why I prefer rubber soles these days. MMMxH&M side zips are like 70 euros (using discount codes), but sole protectors another 45 euros.