1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

H&M x Margiela Collaboration

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Scooba, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Raindrop

Raindrop Well-Known Member

Won't happen for awhile I bet lol.

Even then, the mark downs probably don't be the same.

2. reedobandito

reedobandito Well-Known Member

Who here got the Navy 3 piece suit? I have a few questions...

1. Where's it made/what's the material?
    2. How much did the full thing retail for again?
    3. How slim is it?

3. Meis

Meis Well-Known Member

I didn't get the suit but I picked up the pants so I can answer as far as those go... Pants (assuming there isn't another variation) are 100% wool and have a really nice cut (tapers down to a 6.75 lo) though they're somewhat cropped which is fine for me b/c they're basically perfect inseam wise (I'm about 5ft8) but they do have about a inch/ inch and change that can be let out. Pants were $99 on sale for 49.99. Didn't bother looking to see how much the jackets were since my size wasn't available.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  4. corneliusparky

corneliusparky Well-Known Member

I didn't buy the whole suit but the jacket was $130 full price. 100% wool, made I think in Romania. Slim cut although not ultra Slim Reedo cut. I imagine you are a 38 (might fit a 36). I'm 39 chest and 38 was wearable but pretty tight...perfect in length. Ended up getting a 40 but arms are a little long.

5. Regg

Regg Well-Known Member

no boots/shoes left at my local store. pretty much all that was left were the suits, and a few big sizes of a couple other pieces, not much. still full price. I'll grab a suit if they drop

anyone know what the NYC stores are like?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  6. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

yeah if anyone comes across a vest in 36 holla at me. i grabbed the suit jacket as a beater. the pants fit me wonky cuz i guess i have bigger calves so where it was cropped kept creeping up even higher so couldnt deal with it

7. barrettdudley

barrettdudley Well-Known Member

Dude, everything got marked. Everything is at least 40% off now and a ton of it is 50% off.

The fused blazer and the suit blazer are both at $60. Painted vest is $30. Faux fur beaver coat and reversed coat marked down to $150. Etc. etc.

It's all kind of spread around the men's section now though so you have to keep your eyes open for some of it.

(This is for the Austin store if anybody is wondering.)

8. Jabonator

Jabonator Well-Known Member

Seems really weird that everything's on sale this quickly.

If the big sales hit Finland too I'll have to go see what's left in my size.

9. BigC222

BigC222 Well-Known Member

Anyone know if Canada has the same sales for the MMM stuff? I've been too busy to check it out but I might head to the store here in Calgary to see or wait until Vancouver in a couple weeks as they usually have more stock.

10. Raindrop

Raindrop Well-Known Member

H&M isn't a boutique, it needs to move stuff fast and in high volume.

11. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Well-Known Member

It's called a fucking friends and family card. Think on it.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  12. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

well that was quick ... shoes and camel spoken for, thanks guys

13. _inwonderland

_inwonderland Well-Known Member

Not really anything on sale. Maybe a couple of women's pieces at most.

14. Meis

Meis Well-Known Member

True, but I don't remember them moving the previous collaborations this fast....It just started 2 weeks ago and most everything is 50% or more off and they've removed the campaign info from their website.

15. wootx

wootx Well-Known Member

How do the painted jeans fit?

I wear a 46 in other mmm jeans

Indeed, I can't find how to buy h&mmm stuff form their online store either...

16. reedobandito

reedobandito Well-Known Member

I dunno why this collab was so unsuccessful compared to the others, imo it was a lot better than the other oretty unwearable collabs (Vesace?!?!)

17. wzjradam

wzjradam Well-Known Member

Friends and family cards are often times sent out as emails or cards in the mail to customers(friends of the company). Not just directly to employees. Big department stores, such as H&M does this often.

18. theclipper

theclipper Well-Known Member

I hit the downtown Seattle store today and they had the black side zips marked down to $99. On top of that I was able to get them to accept the %20 off coupon, getting them to $80 or so. For anyone interested; there were quite a few 42s left, and probably 1 of 41,43,44.

19. BigC222

BigC222 Well-Known Member

It's not unsuccessful, H&M said they actually put in more volume for this collab than the other ones because people complain about how the previous ones always sell out so fast. Of course, having a higher price tag than the previous collabs don't help either.

Don't quote me on this, but I remember reading something after the Versace collab about all the people trying to jack the price on ebay and stuff, and how H&M wanted to avoid a situation like that again. It could be with the higher volume, they are trying to balance out the supply and demand.

Damn, all I know is I really want to cop the boots or the confetti tee now. Size 43 boots or size small shirt anyone?

20. airblaster503

airblaster503 Well-Known Member

Anyone check out the Portland store and what kind of stock they have? Might head up tomorrow if I get a chance and check it out. Interested in side zips if I can get them cheap and the navy suit.