• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

H&M x Margiela Collaboration

lowell

Reaction score
Picked up the last 2 pairs of the white painted boots (sz 42 and 43) when they were half off, but decided to keep the black boots and white loafers instead. PM me if anyone is interested in the white boots.

Donut

Reaction score
Can someone proxy me black boots in size 41 if its $75

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
No one is going to sell you these boots for $75. You either live in Austin with access to that store or you pay more. Period. Quit asking.

Donut

Reaction score

No one is going to sell you these boots for $75. You either live in Austin with access to that store or you pay more. Period. Quit asking.

What I meant was if the boots are still $75 I want a proxy. Obviously I'm not expecting to pay just $75 for them as I will also pay a proxy fee.

Edit:lmaozedong, according to people in Austin they were half off plus another additional half off.

Last edited:

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The boots were never $75, they were half off $300

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SFers have been having a big problem with Maths these past days.

Last edited:

TintoTerra

Reaction score
They were at 50%, then there was a half-off coupon in store on top of that. At least that was what the SA seemed to be telling me.

wranglerwearingarkansan

Reaction score

They were at 50%, then there was a half-off coupon in store on top of that. At least that was what the SA seemed to be telling me.

This is correct. I spent $75 for black sidezips. I feel like maybe the Austin store knocked off the 50% on the boots only earlier this week and then got the coupons from corporate for 50% off everything after they had already replaced the tags on the boots to $150. So then I took the boots up to the cashier with the coupon and the girl there was surprised but asked her manager and was told to just knock the next 50% off. So $75, and she told me I was getting a great deal and I said I definitely knew that.

Just kind of wanted to alert other Austin people about this (and brag a bit about my good luck). I'm unfortunately not in a position to proxy (actually just visiting relatives in Austin for Thanksgiving). Sorry for getting any hopes up.

bob99

Reaction score
Just checked out the collection at the Pacific Centre in Vancouver, Canada. Lots of stock left, if anyone is looking to buy something.

I wasn't impressed with the high tops. I've owned OG Margiela highs in the past, and these felt like authorized knock-offs. Laces are too thin, material felt cheap, the fact that they're just one piece with the panels stamped into them made it not worth it IMO.

The leather boots were better, but at $300 CDN + Taxes, you're talking $336 for a pair of only OK boots. As mentioned earlier in this thread, it's not that hard to find a pair of actual MMM boots on sale at a slightly higher price point. At 50% off (or dare I say it, 75% off like a few other people have scored) it would be another story.

A lot of the pieces in the collection were cool to see in person, but I have no idea who on earth would buy them. The leather / belt jacket? I get the idea behind it, but kind of a disaster to actually wear as your coat. I remember seeing a winter coat made entirely of ski gloves from their line 0 artisan collection. Very cool in concept (that's one of the things I love about MMM) but unwearable in real life.

Cosmoen

Reaction score
Does any of the NYC stores have the 50% off for the boots? I went to the soho locations and they were still $300 each

Infinite

Reaction score
Checked out Toronto Yorkdale Mall - still $300 for the boots. Seemed like there were plenty of 42/43 in stock.

ElDave

Reaction score

typical H&M consumer is not gonna pay $300 for boots especially from a "designer" that they've most likely never heard of

Agreed. Most of the people I saw were looking at the items sort of dumbfounded that strange stuf would be so pricey.

And, speaking only on the boots, for those of us not averse to spending $300+ on boots, the quality isn't there.

epilepc

Reaction score
Boston locations (Cambridgeside, Newbury, and Downtown Crossing) are all $300 still. But I only called and didn't go there myself yet.

Anyone know where they're being sold for 150?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads