1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

H&M x Margiela Collaboration

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Scooba, Jun 13, 2012.

1. corneliusparky

corneliusparky Senior member

I think H&M is just disorganized. I went to Century City Mall on Sat morn and they were $300. Went to Hollywood one that night and they were $150.

2. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

This needs to be said more often. The non-H&M version is neat as hell but it's also one of the ugliest things I've ever seen in my fucking life.

3 people like this.
  3. sq4you

sq4you Senior member

people that think the H&M versions are ugly would complain about the OG ones too if they were sitting in the H&M store.
    Margiela's pieces weren't all "traditionally beautiful." that wasn't the intention. they were amazing because of their complexity and ingenuity. most of the effort/research that went into creating the OG pieces was simply transferred over to the repros. the H&M pieces are pretty accurate. sure the materials may not be as good but you aren't going to be able to tell that from a crappy iphone pic.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  4. skrz

skrz Senior member

nvm

5. skrz

skrz Senior member

delete

6. epilepc

epilepc Well-Known Member

just kidding. they are $149. I went to the Downtown Crossing store in Boston and a sales associate who knew what was up confirmed the price.

at the cash register it was $309 or something, but I had that SA come and change the price manually for me.

nice!

7. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Glad to hear everyone's positive review on the boots

Literally everyone on SF is about to have side zips hahaha

8. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

I look forward to a deluge of complaints in a few weeks about them falling apart. (5).

9. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

Is that Westfield or whatever its called? I was thinking of running over there later... wtf is with that? Ya the other H&M in Westwood Pavillion didn't have any MMM.

LOL... seems inevitable. :nodding:

Well the handle on the margiela bag broke while walking back from h&m, so if that's an indicator of quality...

11. thenewjs

thenewjs Senior member

The leather bag or the shopping bag?

12. bala555

bala555 Well-Known Member

Actually impressed with the collection. Checked everything out today. The shoes are shit but the rest is above average significantly, I hated that camel coat Kanye wore until I saw it and tried it on and it was an instant cop.

13. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

how about the wedge on the heel? is that easily replaceable?

14. blackderbyhat

blackderbyhat Active Member

Just stopped by the Austin location and grabbed the black sidezips in a 43. The chick at the register only knocked off the first 50% though. I'll probably go back and try to get the other 50% off, if not I'll just return them.

There were like 3 other ones left, like 40-41s and like a 45 I think. If I return these, there'll be a 43 also.

15. jlewis

jlewis Active Member

Did you happen to see if there were any of those tan loafers left in a size 42 or 43?

16. nowiremember

nowiremember Senior member

would love a pair of the black side zips in 40.

17. RICHDENIM

RICHDENIM Member

I just bought the dark navy 3 piece suit and I am pretty impressed. A suit designed by the House of MMM using 100% wool for under $300. The only thing I'm going to do is replaced the buttons for a heavier, natural one. For those that saw/got the suit, what were your thoughts on the quality?

18. ChronBong

ChronBong Senior member

is there a side zip boot thats charcoal/dark grey verison avaliable?

19. flyindarkness

flyindarkness Senior member

definitely worth the 300 for a 3 piece. I'm also very happy with the 100% wool weight, it's not an all season, as it's probably a bit thin for the harsh winter of some places, but a 3 season for sure, and you can definitely wear it all year around if you are on the west coast.

20. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

lol same size Ive been lookin for. wonder if they`re still on sale