Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

H&M x Lanvin Collaboration

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Wupper, Sep 2, 2010.

1. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

Jebus, you live down there? Are you downtown or in Chinatown? I was at 10th & L NW for six months and couldn't take the desolate, lifeless, condo-ness of it all.
    i live in foggy bottom/west end georgetown. ive got a pool and sauna and can walk to M st, dupont and am next to a lot of nice hotel lobbies for chilling. its not as lively as U st but it has its advantages and disadvantages like every other area here. id say the best thing is that you never have to worry about getting murdered here. you guys can pic and choose all your favorite looks/pieces but by the time you get to the store it will all be gone because i will have copped it all and sold it to uncontrol and jd_may for 3 times the price. whatever is too slim fitting will go to Eason and the rest me, chronoaug, and lmaozedong will keep.

2. grouper

grouper Senior member

i live in foggy bottom/west end georgetown. ive got a pool and sauna and can walk to M st, dupont and am next to a lot of nice hotel lobbies for chilling. its not as lively as U st but it has its advantages and disadvantages like every other area here. id say the best thing is that you never have to worry about getting murdered here.

you guys can pic and choose all your favorite looks/pieces but by the time you get to the store it will all be gone because i will have copped it all and sold it to uncontrol and jd_may for 3 times the price. whatever is too slim fitting will go to Eason and the rest me, chronoaug, and lmaozedong will keep.

M street is the best. so many good places to eat. i assume you've been to well dressed burrito?

3. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

M street is the best. so many good places to eat. i assume you've been to well dressed burrito?
    Srsly? I'll take Mt. Pleasant over M St any day. Life, character, tacos...it's got it all. I used to work in Foggy Bottom (basically on the GW campus), and I always hated having to go through Farragut/downtown. 'Cause it's, you know, downtown. edit: I'll concede that the Trader Joe's there is fantastic. Stupid draconian PA liquor laws keep the Philly TJ's from selling cheap-but-delicious wine, in addition to the always fantastic Unibroue TJ's Vintage Ale.

4. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

i live in foggy bottom/west end georgetown. ive got a pool and sauna and can walk to M st, dupont and am next to a lot of nice hotel lobbies for chilling. its not as lively as U st but it has its advantages and disadvantages like every other area here. id say the best thing is that you never have to worry about getting murdered here.
    I lived in Adams Morgan for maybe a year and a half, and yeah, trade-offs galore. I was in a quiet residential area about a block from the Harris Teeter, and there were more bars and restaurants within a 5-minute walk than you'd know to do with, but you had to deal with a) the striped shirt crowd gelmeted douchebags who invaded from the suburbs every Friday and Saturday in search of low-alcohol shots and Jumbo Slice and b) the random stray bullet here and there. We had a few shooting deaths within a couple of blocks of me while I was there, and I had my car window smashed twice, once a block and a half away and once closer to U St. edit: </threadjacking to simultaneously hate on and wax nostalgic for DC>

5. DLester

DLester Senior member

We had a few shooting deaths within a couple of blocks of me while I was there, and I had my car window smashed twice, once a block and a half away and once closer to U St.

edit: </threadjacking to simultaneously hate on and wax nostalgic for DC>

my house off U St. was broken into; the criminal geniuses could have cleaned us out (computers, tvs, expensive guitar gear) but instead only stole a half eaten pizza, a microwave, and a case of home brew out of the fridge. the only thing I cared about was the home brew. fuuuu.

another time I had both front tires stolen off my car while it was parked right in front of the house.

my car was keyed another time.

my friend's purple (!) car was keyed on the hood with "13th St Crew", which was not a "crew" to anyone's knowledge so it had to be idiot 10 y/o kids.

I loved living off U St tho, truth. (0).

6. chroMe

chroMe Senior member

meh. preferred the victor &amp; rolf collab

7. shellshock

shellshock Forum Mascot

really surprised of no sneakers or ballet flats.
    SRSLY WHERE ARE THE FLATS [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

come to DC man; where there are no asians and everyone else's style sucks so hard no one will be trying to buy Lanvin x H&M.
    i live like 4 blocks from the main H&M here. You can come stay with me and we'll go cop all the merchandise then sell it to people in Canada for 3 times the price.

i am predicting violence and brutality here in LA. as long as you're copping & distributing... #4, 18, 24, 25 are my picks [​IMG]

8. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

I hope that one of the Seattle locations gets it, but I have a feeling that hope is misplaced.

9. Kvc06

Kvc06 Senior member

I was hoping for flats, so I could cop a xmas present for the GF, especially in the leopard print.

10. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

Not super impressed, but I'll reserve full judgment till I can actually handle (i.e. gently fondle) the stuff in real life and have a look at the fabric and fit and all that. Still, what's up with the tuxedo? Maybe they're counting on selling it as separates, but it seems to me anyone who's going to plunk down money on a tux isn't going to buy some cheap-ass H&amp;M tux. Watch, I say that now, but come December every other guy in NYC will be wearing a full tux every day. I'm going to have to break out the top hat and tails just to stay a step ahead.

11. max-t

max-t Senior member

wonder if i should get the h&amp;m tux for next years weddings instead of renting an ugly one. dunno which would be the lesser evil

12. Oski

Oski Senior member

Those purple shoes are pretty cool, the blue ones too.
    Wonder how this collection will sell.

13. JesseJB

JesseJB Senior member

Save for the blue shoes, Im not too impressed.

14. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Not what I was hoping. I was wanting some sneakers or at least some leopard flats for my girl...

The purple shoes look cool and the glasses are okay, but that's about it. Ladies stuff looks neat though.

15. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior member

Might end up checking it out, just cause the ladies stuff looks good and i'm sure a few ladies won't mind the company waiting in line at the store