Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

H&M x Lanvin Collaboration

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Wupper, Sep 2, 2010.

1. potemkin_city_limits

potemkin_city_limits Senior member

Most of H&M's normal line is copies of higher end designers stuff already, so they have probably been copying the Lanvin clothes for years now so its no surprise it looks similar to the clothes they already sell.

2. Desi

Desi Senior member

Don't know what you're all whining about. It's not as if they were going to come out with $50 LANVIN HIGH TOPZZ (which imo were overhyped 3 years ago so..) and undercut their own market.
    really surprised of no sneakers or ballet flats. Doubt a small collab in 200 stores would eat up the real Lanvin footwear market honestly. At least this means all the hypebeast and styleforum folk will be staying home. I just want the footwear in every color...please. I do hope the blazer and pants separate is a nice cop, same for the tuxedo shirt which looks tough on the model during the pressday event.

3. ashenryjames

ashenryjames Member

I like the shoes and the accessories more than the blazers and coats, although the model they chose and the lighting aren't good indicators. I'll try stuff on in the store and see.

4. jarude

jarude Senior member

JCrew collab with exclusive/established brands = outrage from forums for exposing their special secret lux brands

H+M collab with exclusive/established brand = decidedly lukewarm, yet positive

I'm not a JCrew fan by any means, but fo real? At least JCrew carries some of the mainline stuff of their exclusive brands, which is a good thing.

This H+MxLanvin business seems kinda stupid for reasons already mentioned - why are people shitting on JCrew for selling Indys while there isn't the same reaction towards HM?

5. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Go back to the J.Crew threak, your kind ain't wanted 'round here

6. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

shoes look terribad knowing they'll be h&m level. the sweats kinda interest me but dunno what to do with h&m level "dressy" sweats. I dunno. I assume after the hype dies down a bit and the pieces just fade into the rest of the h&m stuff there will be stuff to be had on sale or something. Nothing i really feel like pushing over asian people waiting in line to get

7. jarude

jarude Senior member

I tried on some of the LanvinxAcne jeans and they were exerrent, +1 on ridiculous retail though.

How about more accepted mid/tier brands collab with brands like Lanvin? Lanvin x W+H?

8. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

shoes look terribad knowing they'll be h&m level. the sweats kinda interest me but dunno what to do with h&m level "dressy" sweats. I dunno. I assume after the hype dies down a bit and the pieces just fade into the rest of the h&m stuff there will be stuff to be had on sale or something. Nothing i really feel like pushing over asian people waiting in line to get
    come to DC man; where there are no asians and everyone else's style sucks so hard no one will be trying to buy Lanvin x H&M. i live like 4 blocks from the main H&M here. You can come stay with me and we'll go cop all the merchandise then sell it to people in Canada for 3 times the price.

9. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

come to DC man; where there are no asians and everyone else's style sucks so hard no one will be trying to buy Lanvin x H&M.
    i live like 4 blocks from the main H&M here. You can come stay with me and we'll go cop all the merchandise then sell it to people in Canada for 3 times the price.

is the main dc h&m the one at 10th/f? i have not been to any of them in dc tbh

10. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

is the main dc h&m the one at 10th/f? i have not been to any of them in dc tbh

yeah that's the big one that will probably get the majority of the stuff. the one in Georgetown is terrible (on the scale of H&M quality).

11. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

come to DC man; where there are no asians and everyone else's style sucks so hard no one will be trying to buy Lanvin x H&M.
    i live like 4 blocks from the main H&M here. You can come stay with me and we'll go cop all the merchandise then sell it to people in Canada for 3 times the price.

[​IMG] I feel like we'll get it in Vancouver. I'll check it out. Does anyone know if there's been a store-list?

12. Lane

Lane Senior member

lol. you're retarded. it looks like it was all inspired by FW2008 which is actually one of my favorites and represents the "traditional" lanvin homme. current FW2010 is not traditional lanvin. i dont know why people expected it to be a copy of the current mainline. the suits and shoes look good from a distance (on the nitrolicious site). im guessing the quality will be pretty bad though.
    yah, I guess lanvin has strayed from what they usually are like with fw2010, lol.

13. EddieAnthony

EddieAnthony Member

I'm actually somewhat interested in the cardigan #4, the jacket #14, and the sweats #19..

Maybe those sunglasses, too. We'll see.

14. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Jebus, you live down there? Are you downtown or in Chinatown? I was at 10th & L NW for six months and couldn't take the desolate, lifeless, condo-ness of it all.

15. EddieAnthony

EddieAnthony Member

I'm actually somewhat interested in the cardigan #4, the jacket #14, and the sweats #19..

Maybe those sunglasses, too. We'll see.