• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

H&M Slim Fit Suits size help

Reaction score
Hey guys...
So what I'm doing might sound really crazy (and incredibly stupid) to you.

I'm in the process of losing weight, and I guess to motivate myself further I want to buy a set of H&M Slim fit suit..

Right now I'm 150lbs, and I'm around 5'8-5'9. A Banana Republic sports coat in 38 size is a LITTLE bit big on me... and I wear Levi 511 32 waste (and im getting a little room in those too).

My goal is 130 lbs, when I reach, do you think I can fit into this suit? Thanks guys. Im thinking of 36 or 37 if they have it. I am really going for the snug/tight fitting Euro look...

and wow I've been doing some reading especially on the suits that are offered in Amazon and Ebay (G. Valentino, etc, etc) EXCELLENT information and community.

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by icalledinsicktoo
Hey guys...
So what I'm doing might sound really crazy (and incredibly stupid) to you.

I'm in the process of losing weight, and I guess to motivate myself further I want to buy a set of H&M Slim fit suit..

Right now I'm 150lbs, and I'm around 5'8-5'9. A Banana Republic sports coat in 38 size is a LITTLE bit big on me... and I wear Levi 511 32 waste (and im getting a little room in those too).

My goal is 130 lbs, when I reach, do you think I can fit into this suit? Thanks guys. Im thinking of 36 or 37 if they have it.

just like the word i highlighted in the quoted text... it'd be a WASTE
and yes, it's incredibly stupid ... because depending on your body type, you have no idea if the shoulders will fit properly after you are done losing the weight
also you have to see if you can keep the weight off

Reaction score
For keeping the weight off, I am confident in that part at least. I was 230 5 months ago.. and my life style, habits changed a lot. and a lot is an understatement.

If you could then, on this thread give some suggestions for slim fitting suits? I don't have any at the moment, and I won't be wearing it too much. if it's under $300 that'd be great... But I think I may get the answer saying search instead. I'll do that now.

Anyway, thanks for the very fast reply.

*Hollowthorn, I would. I'm just very busy and H&M isn't really close to me as I live in a rural area.

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just wait til you actually reach your desired body weight/look

baba booey

Reaction score
Not to be crude, but is your gender male or female? 5'8"-5'9" and 130lbs?
facepalm.gif

Heero

Reaction score
I was around 5' 7'', 135lbs and the H&M suits fit me PERFECTLY. In fact, I got the most compliments on the H&M suits than I do with my higher end suits. However, since then, I have buffed up and they are too tight on me now. I have one great condition H&M suit for sale if you are interested. I bought it for $120 total but I'm willing to let it go for $60 shipped. I have two other H&M suit that are semi-beaten up, so I probably wouldn't sell them to you unless you are absolutely interested. Navy blue pinstripped is the great condition one I have.

Reaction score
im male lol.
Atila, thanks.
and heero you got a pm. not 100% sure though
XkxRome0ox, I might do just that. So damn impatient :-(

Jay

Reaction score

My goal is 130 lbs, when I reach, do you think I can fit into this suit? Thanks guys. Im thinking of 36 or 37 if they have it. I am really going for the snug/tight fitting Euro look...

What's wrong with 5'8"-5'9" and 150 lbs? That is ideal. I'm pretty sure you could already fit into an H&M 36R. If not, maybe another 5 lbs or so, but don't go any lower.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jay
What's wrong with 5'8"-5'9" and 150 lbs? That is ideal. I'm pretty sure you could already fit into an H&M 36R. If not, maybe another 5 lbs or so, but don't go any lower.

I really want to lose fat from my face and thighs, and only way I could do that is just lose weight in general. (well that's at least what I have gathered from researching).

I gotta start running again -.- so damn cold out now

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You need to lose the weight first, then go try on the suit. But I will say that H&M usually runs a bit small for me. I normally wear a 40 or 42 jacket, depending on the brand, but at H&M I need a 44.

ebmk3891

Reaction score
For keeping the weight off, I am confident in that part at least. I was 230 5 months ago.. and my life style, habits changed a lot. and a lot is an understatement.

If you could then, on this thread give some suggestions for slim fitting suits? I don't have any at the moment, and I won't be wearing it too much. if it's under $300 that'd be great... But I think I may get the answer saying search instead. I'll do that now.

Anyway, thanks for the very fast reply.

*Hollowthorn, I would. I'm just very busy and H&M isn't really close to me as I live in a rural area.

Congrats on the weight loss, but 5 months isn't really that long. I'm not saying you're going to gain it all back, but you, mentally, need to keep this up and that is probably the most challenging part.

Also, dropping 80 lbs in 5 months?! \t
eek.gif

Reaction score
yea, I had it rather easy than some other folks. I was just depressed one day and was up for like 48 hours straight and didnt eat anything. I guess my stomach shrunk or something, so I took advantage of that and started from there... I get full by eating half and apple now (for like a meal or something, or sometimes when I'm just really hungry, etc), and ever since thing started, I have been keeping it up. and then i started walking 2 months ago, although I stopped because I caught a bad cold and it was too damn cold out... (I might start again though, i'm thinking about getting up at 5am everyday and walking/jogging/running for 30 min or so)

as for the food intake... I stopped eating at night, dropped soda with diet sodas, and replaced if any snacks with fruits. and few days ago, I looked back on what i ate, it's a lot better than what I ate before this weight loss thing started.

Jay

Reaction score
What are you eating besides apples? It's important to have a well-balanced diet. Losing weight doesn't necessarily imply being healthy if you're not eating right.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads