• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

H&M in Pasadena opening...

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
On Sept 21st!

the other stores (Bev Center, Arcadia etc) arent gonna open til later (oct or nov)

the Pasadena store is 9000 sq ft which is a LOT bigger than the storefront makes it seem, it will be 2 floors.

sweeeet!

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Sorta like the one in DC I went to. It's alright I guess, I'll check it out when I'm in the area.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
where in Pasadena is it going to be again? Old Town i imagine. just curious which building it's taking over. the old Saks?

-Jeff

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
It's on Colorado, 2 store fronts east of Delacey right between Tiffany's and A&F.

the old SFA is now a HUGE mega-Forever 21 store

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
What the hell?

I went by there last week and peeked inside while they were still working on it but 2 floors? Whoa. The place looks tiny inside, at least in comparison to the stores I've been to in DC/Munich/etc.

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
with these new h&m stores, you'll be able to pick up the viktor & rolf one off collection they're doing for h&m, which is being released for fall 2006 but from what i read it won't be until november or so

should be interesting .....

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am very excited about this and I don't know why! I keep seeing H&M mentioned but I have no idea what it is. Is it like Nordstrom's UK?

Metal Circus

Reaction score
H&M is a Swedish clothing retailer that's very good at keeping up with trends and generally offering stuff that fits slimmer than GAP, etc. and selling it at Old Navy prices. Until now, their only West Coast operation was in San Fransisco.

Oldboy

Reaction score
I may have to drive up there from San Diego when they open....

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shopping at the stores is a lousy experience -- a mob scene, most of the time, plus long lines at the checkout -- but the clothing is very current and very cheap. Styles change frequently. Their sourcing and supply chain are the most artful aspects of the whole enterprise.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Oldboy
I may have to drive up there from San Diego when they open....

There's going to be one at the Irvine Spectrum so you dont have to drive as far.

I think HM is 100x better than Zara, so I'm excited to buy more $4 socks, $12 scarves, and $30 shirts etc etc

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too bad its not a weekend. I guess I'll head out there that Saturday :p

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Metal Circus
H&M is a Swedish clothing retailer that's very good at keeping up with trends and generally offering stuff that fits slimmer than GAP, etc. and selling it at Old Navy prices. Until now, their only West Coast operation was in San Fransisco.

Does this mean they are like Costco where you can get name brands for less? When you say they have the latest styles, do you mean from generic brands, and that's why they are cheap?

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They make everything themselves, usually copied from the latest fashions. Sometimes they have things specifically designed for them by famous folk like Lagerfield, McCartney, etc. but mostly they just allow themselves to be 'inspired' by whatever is the latest look.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads