• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

H&M Discussion

matsuya

Reaction score
I'm not sure if H&M is worth discussing, but i can't search for "H&M". Are there any recommendations for S/S from H&M?

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea it kind of sucks that the search requires more than 3 letters. I think the stores in different areas get different items. I've looked at the website and a lot of the stuff there, I don't see at the h&m by me. All of their clothes from my experience are of decent quality taking price into consideration, so I don't think you can go really wrong with anything there.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't really care for their streetwear but their dress shirts fit me like I had them perfectly tailored. The problem is they shrink enough when I wash them that they're useless after so I dry clean.

I also feel like their slim fit dress shirts have gotten smaller over the years. Maybe it's just me, but I haven't added any weight.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was just there for the first time, since the closest one is 90 minutes away. Vast selection, but I wasn't digging the feel of the clothes. Some unique designs for the price, but their button-downs felt paper-thin. The few pieces that felt good were out of stock in my size. Did grab a nice scarf, though. Their basic jersey tees are always great for the price. Flattering cuts and all that.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
but their button-downs felt paper-thin.

That's good for those of us in warmer climates, especially when they're slim-fit.

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoeWoah
That's good for those of us in warmer climates, especially when they're slim-fit.

True, and as Joe mentioned, they shrink - but they also stretch like a mofo after 2 or 3 wears. For $15-30 you get a shirt that lasts for a couple of months. Price vs. Quality is pretty balanced. It's great if you need a fresh, new shirt for a special occasion.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you guys washing the shirts in hot water and putting it in the dryer for the full cycle? I wash my clothes in cold water and only dry it for 5-10 minutes, then hang dry it and I have not noticed the shirts shrinking or stretching. Maybe it's me though as my weight changed like 15 pounds in the past half year partly because of surgery.

Meekus

Reaction score
Not sure what to recommend as I've been to 2 local H&M stores recently and they both had completely different selections.

I did buy two button downs that fit me perfect, but the collars are very, very flimsy. They definately cannot be used as dress shirts.

I also bought a bunch of their $10 polos as they have a nice tailored fit compared to RL polos that I have. Quality seems to be exactly the same as my J CREW polos. Almost as if they came from the same factory.

FashionIQ

Reaction score
Same here on the fit. Their shirts fit very well on me and it's so damn cheap that I have to come back for more.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Timbaland
Are you guys washing the shirts in hot water and putting it in the dryer for the full cycle? I wash my clothes in cold water and only dry it for 5-10 minutes, then hang dry it and I have not noticed the shirts shrinking or stretching. Maybe it's me though as my weight changed like 15 pounds in the past half year partly because of surgery.

I've found that pretty much everything from H&M shrinks quite a bit if put in the dryer for a full cycle (i wash everything cold). For me this lead to a perfect fit for the $15 l/s shirts and $9 polos... however all the streetwear-ish buttondowns I have from H&M I always hang dry as they fit perfectly off the rack and will shrink to be too small if put in the dryer. Hang drying seems to result in little or no shrinkage.

bluemax

Reaction score
You can find threads here about H&M on Google by searching "site:styleforum.net hm".

H&M has had some really cool hoodies recently. I picked two up the last time I was there. Zipper quality is horrible but they're slim-fit and the material is decent. This is coming from someone who hardly ever wears sweatshirts, by the way.

matsuya

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemax
You can find threads here about H&M on Google by searching "site:styleforum.net hm"
I like searching through the WAYWT thread to look at pics. How do you do that with google?

eqpablon

Reaction score
I hate you all
tongue.gif
The H&M closest to me is 4 hours away. I wish they had a web store.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis
I've found that pretty much everything from H&M shrinks quite a bit if put in the dryer for a full cycle (i wash everything cold). For me this lead to a perfect fit for the $15 l/s shirts and $9 polos... however all the streetwear-ish buttondowns I have from H&M I always hang dry as they fit perfectly off the rack and will shrink to be too small if put in the dryer. Hang drying seems to result in little or no shrinkage.

Cool. Thanks man.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads