1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

h&k shirts - $45

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gregory, Feb 1, 2005.

1. gregory

gregory Senior member

For those who are interested, Hilditch & Key are selling shirts by mail for $45 now, it seems. http://www.hilditchandkey.co.uk edit: Sorry, I meant GBP 45.

2. brooklyn

brooklyn Senior member

I think it is 45 british pounds for the shirt?

3. Panzeraxe

Panzeraxe Senior member

I believe its 45 pounds - approx. $90 - still a good price for the best RTW shirts on the market (in my opinion anyway) Panzer

4. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

(gregory @ Jan. 31 2005,19:57) For those who are interested, Hilditch & Key are selling shirts by mail for $45 now, it seems. http://www.hilditchandkey.co.uk edit: Sorry, I meant GBP 45.
    I believe its 45 pounds - approx. $90 - still a good price for the best RTW shirts on the market (in my opinion anyway) Panzer
    Your opinion is correct (In my opinion). Jon.

5. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Oh MAN. that was my 1501 posts. Damn. I have no life. [​IMG] Jon.

6. VMan

VMan Senior member

Good prices on the ties as well - approx. $50 US.  I like the rep-stripe tie 6 down from the top, the patterned tie 9 down from the top, and the rep stripe 5 from the bottom.

7. amirrorcrackd

amirrorcrackd Senior member

How are these shirts cut? Image, if I remember right from some previous posts, you and I are roughly the same size - 15" collar, 36 suit. Do you have any H&K shirts? How are do you like the fit? Could you provide a chest measurement? That would be great.

Thanks so much,

Dan

8. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I personally prefer some other shirts to H&K although they are certainly good. Coles, Attolini, Borrelli, Barba, and a few others are shirts I like a bit better than H&K.

9. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Correction, V-Man used to be a 38 but he's shooting heroin now and he's down to a 32R. He has to get 93 darts for shirts to fit him.

10. amirrorcrackd

amirrorcrackd Senior member

That's why I asked ImageWIS, not V-Man. [​IMG] Brian, you are a 36 too, right? VersaceMan, you too? 36s Unite. How fucking hard is it to find clothes that fit?.? Dan

11. VMan

VMan Senior member

(Brian SD @ Feb. 01 2005,01:35) Correction, V-Man used to be a 38 but he's shooting heroin now and he's down to a 32R. He has to get 93 darts for shirts to fit him.
    That's why I asked ImageWIS, not V-Man. Â [​IMG] Â Brian, you are a 36 too, right? Â VersaceMan, you too? 36s Unite. Â How fucking hard is it to find clothes that fit?.? Dan
    Actually I'm a 38-40 R/L depending on designer.

12. VMan

VMan Senior member

Originally Posted by Brian SD,Feb. 01 2005,01:35
    Correction, V-Man used to be a 38 but he's shooting heroin now and he's down to a 32R. He has to get 93 darts for shirts to fit him.
    That's why I asked ImageWIS, not V-Man.
    Way to make an ass of yourself, Brian, you jackass. Â You had it coming you SOB, for exposing my closet herioin addiction to the forum.

13. dietcookie

dietcookie Senior member

(Brian SD @ Feb. 01 2005,01:35) Correction, V-Man used to be a 38 but he's shooting heroin now and he's down to a 32R. He has to get 93 darts for shirts to fit him.
    That's why I asked ImageWIS, not V-Man. [​IMG] Brian, you are a 36 too, right? VersaceMan, you too? 36s Unite. How fucking hard is it to find clothes that fit?.? Dan
    You bet your ass its hard.

14. uriahheep

uriahheep Senior member

I don't buy British shirts because I don't like the placket fronts, which are not edge or 1/4"-stitched, but stitched just past the edges of the buttons, the collars, which are 1/4" stitched and generally too "bulky" for my taste, or the sloppy button attachments.

15. Panzeraxe

Panzeraxe Senior member

Maybe - but the collar and finishing on a H&K shirt is amazing

16. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

(amirrorcrackd @ Jan. 31 2005,22:58)
    You bet your ass its hard.
    Hard is an understatement. Jon.

17. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Actually I'm a 14.5, so finding shirts is even harder for me. H&K's direct from London are cut slimmer than most of the shirts that are sold in the US (regardless of whom manufactured them, i.e. Italian / American / English), but for my tastes are still too blousy and have my tailor take them in through the sides, never darts.

Jon.

18. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Heroin, huh? Got to try that...I'm still on crack at the moment [​IMG] Jon.