• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

H&K or T&A shirts

NewYorkBuck

Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions where to buy either Hilditch & Key or Turnbull & Asser shirts? Im not looking for retail, as I live in NYC, but I havent been able to find them for anything less than retail either, even on the web.

Any suggestion?

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is one H & K shirt left on Ben Silver's factory outlet link (bensilver.com). H & K's own website seems to be having a sale, as you can order a number of shirts for like $85 or so.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lets compare the two first (RTW):

Well, NM usually has sales where one can find T&A on sale, but the problem with T&A RTW is that the patterns don't match and they more often than not only carry one collar style: semi-spread. As well, the cloth IMHO in T&A's RTW is not towards the same level as that in RTW H&K. The nice thing about T&A though is their fantastic MOP button and their bold colors, unlike that found in any other shirt. The least expensive price I ever paid for a T&A was at NM in Bal Harbour, I think I paid $89, but this was like 2 years ago.

Whereas H&K is readily available on sale for about $85 direct from London on the companies website and they have the advantage of matching all patterns and providing two collar style: semi-spread and cutaway. AS well, whilst they do not utilize MOP buttons, they do use shell, which even though they lack luster, they are still a great material to make shirt buttons.

Jon.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are okay with used shirts, eBay is a good source.  Based upon my experience, T&A inevitably incites bidding wars, while H&K sells for around $20-$30 with very few bids.  Strange, but true.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you are okay with used shirts, eBay is a good source. Based upon my experience, T&A inevitably incites bidding wars, while H&K sells for around $20-$30 with very few bids. Strange, but true.
It's the name that sells, nothing more nothing less.

Jon.

DPDNYC

Reaction score
I've wanted to order a shirt from H&K to check out the quality and fit, but the 20 pound shipping charge to the U.S. just seems excessive to me. Am I the only one who finds this prohibitive?

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've wanted to order a shirt from H&K to check out the quality and fit, but the 20 pound shipping charge to the U.S. just seems excessive to me. Am I the only one who finds this prohibitive?
If you want to check out the fit, just go to Saks (5th Ave location) and try one on. If you like them order several from H&K to offset the almost $40 shipping charge into several shirts, not just one "˜test' shirt. As well that is a flat fee H&K charges, regardless how many shirts they ship to you, plus it includes all import fees.

Jon.

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't know what size you are or if you want to travel but last week (thursday) i was at woodbury commons and the off 5th had probibly about 20 H&K shirts there that were kind of hidden and off from the normal shirts for about $75 each, saddly nothing in my size :Sigh:

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
H&K sale by mail is excellent and, at $95 per shirt, the price is very good compared to the $225 retail price at Saks.  I am very happy with my H&K shirts.  Can't help you with T&A below retail.
Retail price is 121 euros in Paris, £70 in London.

How can it be so much in US?

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
(bry2000 @ Jan. 19 2005,20:18) H&K sale by mail is excellent and, at $95 per shirt, the price is very good compared to the $225 retail price at Saks. I am very happy with my H&K shirts. Can't help you with T&A below retail.
Retail price is 121 euros in Paris, £70 in London. How can it be so much in US?
You are talking about H&K, not T&A prices correct? Jon.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(ernest @ Feb. 18 2005,01:05)
Originally Posted by bry2000,Jan. 19 2005,20:18
H&K sale by mail is excellent and, at $95 per shirt, the price is very good compared to the $225 retail price at Saks. Â I am very happy with my H&K shirts. Â Can't help you with T&A below retail.
Retail price is 121 euros in Paris, £70 in London. How can it be so much in US?
You are talking about H&K, not T&A prices correct? Jon.
correct

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, one of the reasons for the price difference, is that the $ to Euro exchange is crappy for us over on the other side of the pond. As well, there are fewer stores that carry them and that makes them for of a novelty item. I think Saks is the only nationwide retailer carries H&K, and even then not in all of their stores.

Same with T&A, only the 2 T&A stores in BH and Manhattan and Neiman Marcus carry T&A (as far as I know) year in and year out.

Jon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads