• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

H hilfiger suits

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Just curious...I was looking at the July Esquire (Lance Armstrong cover) and there was an article on navy suits.  One of those pictured was from Tommy Hilfiger's new line, H Hilfiger.  It was a pinstripe, w/ticket pocket, three button.  Got me to thinking, is the stuff any good?  Anybody checked 'em out yet?  Price listed in the mag was only $595, so I wouldn't expect a whole lot.  Just wondering what kind of construction and features it might offer.  And who carries it?  Department stores at the mall, like all of his casual stuff?

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The May Esquire (Johnny Depp cover) also had a short - but shameless - advertorial for H Hilfiger, and I must admit, a lot of it looks pretty good.

Hilfiger is obviously borrowing a lot of ideas from Etro and that ilk, but it's nice to see it at a lower pricepoint. I may very well pick up a few piceces (mostly shirts) when/if the line makes it to Australia. The floral, polka-dotted, paisley and tie-dyed shirts all look nice.

That being said, I obviously haven't seen any of it in the flesh yet, and if the shirts are as massive and billowing as the ones in the regular Hilfiger line, I'm going to have to give them a miss. Like wearing a sail...

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just curious...I was looking at the July Esquire (Lance Armstrong cover) and there was an article on navy suits.  One of those pictured was from Tommy Hilfiger's new line, H Hilfiger.  It was a pinstripe, w/ticket pocket, three button.  Got me to thinking, is the stuff any good?  Anybody checked 'em out yet?  Price listed in the mag was only $595, so I wouldn't expect a whole lot.  Just wondering what kind of construction and features it might offer.  And who carries it?  Department stores at the mall, like all of his casual stuff?
That was a handsome-looking suit. I really liked the large spacing between the buttons.

I wish there were H stores here that I could visit. Unfortunately, everyone decides to open up shop in China or Japan before ever thinking about coming here.

Ranjeev

Reaction score
I have yet to see a H-Hilfiger suit but I believe that there is a list of locations where the new line is available at www.h-hilfiger

DPDNYC

Reaction score
I bought a shirt from the H line, and it was cut very slim. Don't know if that's an indication of how the suits are cut, however.

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Ranjeev was right, looks from the website that the Macy's family of dept. stores will be carrying this line. If ever somebody checks out one of the suits in person, let us know.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am also curious -- they probably suck though. Incidentally, the website claims that Boston's Macy's carries the H line, but I saw no H products a month ago. So, IMO the website is getting ahead of itself.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads