1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

H&H Convert but anyone tried Lewin White Label???

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by thefuryuk, Feb 20, 2013.

1. thefuryuk

thefuryuk Active Member

So my wardrobe was 90% Lewin 10% H&C. Always preferred Lewin but bought a few H&C on a typical 5 for £100 sale.

Recently Harvie & Hudson had some sale shirts at £20 (maybe just short of $30 USD??)

Bought 2 as a trial to see how they compared to Lewin and whether the full price of £55 is worth it.
    (Let's be honest, Lewin never has full price shirts they are £25 max on multibuy)

Wow. I'm converted!!
    The softness of the cotton is amazing.
    Ordered 3 more already.

The fit is great. (I have a fat neck so 16/33 is size)

Will definitely be buying more but that's not taking anything away from Lewin as for the price I think they are fantastic quality but there is definitely a difference in feel. (Maybe not in look to other people though)

Does anyone else see the price difference worth it or is it too close to call? Is 5 for £100 too good a deal to pass up??

Also, has anyone had experience with the White Label shirts from Lewin? Think they are £70+ and are 120/140/160 and 180's.
    Are they worth the money? They were not in store where I live and only available on line so I can't feel the difference??

2. topos

topos Senior Member

I own a White Label shirt from Lewin (as well as some of their "regular" shirts and several shirts from CT). I don't think the White Label shirt is worth the money, but then again I think shirts are a (mostly) disposable garment. It is definitely a very nice shirt, and it has a nicer drape than my other Lewin shirts; I think the one I have is 130s. I don't have any experience with fancier shirts from higher-end makers (I do have a Suit Supply shirt, and while it was significantly more expensive than my Lewin/CT shirts, it's pretty much identical in quality), since I basically refuse to spend more than Lewin/CT cost.

A question for you: how does the H&H compare fit-wise to the Lewin (and specifically which fit). How about compared to CT?

3. comrade

comrade Distinguished Member

No experience with Lewin, but if you like softness
    especially in the collar, then try Hilditch &Key.
    Their semi annual sale just ended. The next one
    should be in June.

4. comrade

comrade Distinguished Member

delete (That damn Bug lives!)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013