1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

H. Freeman Suits?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Bartames, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Bartames

Bartames Member

I apologize if this has been discussed, but I could not find any mention of it via the search utility (however, I seem to recall some talk of it not too long ago). Does anyone have any comments on this H. Freeman suit? Â specifically the quality and fit in terms of comparables. Â It seems like a nice workhorse suit for the price. Â Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

2. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

I have an Aquascutum suit by H. Freeman. It is basically the suit you show here, except in a different fabric. The fabric wears pretty well, though it is by no means top of the line. It's a good workhorse suit to the extent that it doesn't wrinkle that easily and it isn't luxe -- it's a 100s grade with a hard finish. The one thing that makes the suit a "nonworkhorse" is that, being a machine made (albeit full canvas) suit, it tends to get out of shape more easily -- the shoulder padding, for example, is a bit mushy and can get a bit lumpy if the coat is just tossed around.

That said, it's a good product for the money. I got mine for $300. I consider that a good deal, as the suit fits well -- particularly the pants, which are very nice fitting.

3. arkirshner

arkirshner Well-Known Member

I bought this one and its now at the tailor's for minor alterations. Very nice fabric/ floating chestpiece. Buy it.If you don't like it Sierra TP has a great return policy they even enclose a UPS paste on form you just put on the box and drop it off.

4. Bartames

Bartames Member

Great...thanks for the feedback. By the way, are there any current discount codes out there that you know of?

5. Bartames

Bartames Member

Sweet. I talked the supervisor into letting me use the 20% discount code that had expired (which I used on another suit I had to return due to sizing)...So, at $240 + shipping...that's quite the deal.