1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

2. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

H-F DB Dplmt 42R Drk Navy Pnstrp Trade/Sale

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by misterbowles, Feb 18, 2005.

1. misterbowles

misterbowles Senior Member

Hickey-Freeman DB "Diplomat," marked 42 R, in a very dark Navy blue (almost black) w/single white pinstripe, in Tasmanian Super 120's, made for Saks Fifth Avenue. Model P138, if that helps. In almost new condition; may have been worn once or twice, if that. Pristine, really. I'm just a bit too broad in the chest for this, unfortunately - it's probably the nicest suit I own at the moment, to be honest. The fabric is amazing.

Jacket:
    Chest - 45"
    Waist - 43"
    Outside sleeve - 25"
    Length - 33"
    No vent

Trousers:
    Waist - 37" with 1" to let out, no buttons for braces
    Inseam - 31" (cuffed) with 1/2" to let out

Would prefer to trade for a standard 46R (SB or DB or Tux) of similar make/quality. My optimal measurements are:

Chest: 47"/48"
    Waist: 45"/46"
    Sleeve: 24" (25 max)
    Length: 31-33"

Waist: 37/38" (40" max)
    Inseam: 30-31"

Thanks for taking a look. Pics provided upon request, as I only have a crappy webcam at the moment...

- John

I also would consider selling for ~$300, but would much prefer to trade. I'd also consider trade for shirts (17 - 34/35), ties, or shoes (10 1/2 - 11, widish)), as well.