1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

H BY HUDSON Swathmore Boot VS. John VarvatosSix 'o Six Convertible Boot

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by tgod93, Aug 19, 2012.

1. tgod93

tgod93 Senior member

2. JohnnyMarr

JohnnyMarr Well-Known Member

Never heard of John Varvatos, but Hudson are not what I would call 'good quality shoes', and I certainly wouldn't pay in excess of £150 for a pair of their boots. As a brand, I see them in mid-price department stores here in London - made for fleeting fashion phases.

Again, just personally speaking, I believe that the fashion trend of hobnail/miltary/distressed type boots has gone as quickly as it arrived. IMO, you are better off sticking with a timeless classic such as a desert/chukka/chelsea boot.

Just my tuppence worth.

3. tgod93

tgod93 Senior member

i see. alright well thanks. i like chukkas but i cant really find a pair i really like